ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 advice

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Hey guys,

I'm not new to renaults but I am fairly new to modern ones such as the mk2 clio.

Ive recently owned a dci 80 which was a great car but I've given it to my mum now as she was fed up of her ageing Laguna.
To replace it I'm looking for a tidy 172. Is there any reason why I should go for a ph2 over a ph1?
I really fancy a phase 1 but finding a good one is really proving hard on my budget of £1,200, whereas there are loads of phase 2s for that money sat on turinis in cup spec etc.
i know some early ph1s had the alloy bonnet and shift light but is there anything else that should convince me to hold out for the right phase 1 of should I just get a ph2 cup?

id love to hear your opinions on which you prefer and the reasoning behind it.

Thanks

Ross

Mec 350 slk manual
I would hold out for a ph1 the front end looks better than the ph2 for your kind of budget you will have to save a bit more to get a good clean one with belts done .

The phase 2's look better imo. the car also has auto wipers & headlights. Plus the headlights are zenons & the dashboard is a bit better.