ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 A/C & Climate Control Sensor question??

I am wondering what climate control sensor fan do??? Can someone advice me. Will it help to make the A/C cooler if I clean it??

I met another guy who also drive a 172 and his A/C system is very good. Cooler than mine. Yesterday was damn hot and he only need to set 21 or 22 to get enough cold, but I usually need to set it 17 to get cold. Sometimes, even worst that I need to set it "min". His 21c is cooler than my 16c.

His car is silver and mine is black. Will that be a problem??
Also, when my car stopped with engine running, it is even worst. But if I open the bonnet, much better.

ValverInBits
a re-gas would do it good probably. Does the little fan work on your cabin sensor? It's a little unit near the interior light. It's quite a cheap little sensor, you could try changing that.

Monaco 172 sport
Just had a fault with mine . Was blowing hot air constantly with ac on and off and didnt matter what temp you set it too. Took the sensor out ( lives in the interior light) gave it a good dust out and hey preto it works perfect. Give that a try only took 5 mins