ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 52 Plate Intermittent Starting

2.0 16v 2003
Evening All,

Recently purchased a Clio 172 2002 52 plate.

The car has been ok so far but I have a growing problem that when I turn the key to start the car nothing happens. The dash lights and radio come on and I hear a click as I turn the ignition but the engine wont fire. I have had the battery checked out and this proves to be in normal working order. Eventually afer a few attempts the car starts.

Your help would be appreciated.

Another niggle is the ABS kicking in every time I brake, I have had new front and rear discs and pads fitted but the problem is still there. This is only noticeable when braking at slow speeds.

If anyone can reccomend a good mechanic near Doncaster for the Clio 172 that would also be appreciated

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
The starting fault can possibly be bad strap from gearbox to chassis or chassis to battery. Check behind the passenger headlight that all connections are clean etc. or the starter motor is jammed. Give it a dunt with a hammer

The abs problem, cracked abs ring?