ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10k cant find a good 200

Clio RS 200
To be fair I would say thats good- although they didnt have to tell you as may thought it might put the sale in jeopordy-

Im 50% sure- worth a call though- it should be on the warranty record they have..

I was leaving renault Maidstone about 5 weeks ago & a 200 was outside on the customer parking bay- I was chatting to the service bloke & he said they were selling it but needed a new gearbox- they said it would be the new one peice syncro as well-

So I would take that as a plus- I sorry I cant remember even what colour the car was...!! but was a newish 200 with recaros.-

Worth a call- they are a friendly bunch in maidstone-

S

Thanks mate! I'm popping up there tomorrow anyway so I will ask then :) I've test driven it twice and it all seems good tbh but its worth and ask

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Recaro's are a funny one, they are awesome, driving wise i would never order one without them however i am the most careful guy ever getting in and out them and still mine were starting to show a bit of wear and that was with my old dear getting in and out it to move it out the drive maby 1 or 2 mornings a week.

my passengers one was starting to look fucked purely because i wasnt going to give every one getting in and out my car a lesson on doing so.

this was after 9 months and 13k

if i was ordering one id be budgeting in a leather retrim a year down the line if you are a perfectionist

Fiesta ST200
My old man has my old Pearlescent white one for sale at his place.

Bit more money than you are looking at but if you mention I sent you from this forum I'm sure he would knock money off.

Everything except recaros which you don't need anyway :p

Search 'Maundrell and co ltd'

Hope this helps :)

Clio RS200
Recaro's are a funny one, they are awesome, driving wise i would never order one without them however i am the most careful guy ever getting in and out them and still mine were starting to show a bit of wear and that was with my old dear getting in and out it to move it out the drive maby 1 or 2 mornings a week.

my passengers one was starting to look fucked purely because i wasnt going to give every one getting in and out my car a lesson on doing so.

this was after 9 months and 13k

if i was ordering one id be budgeting in a leather retrim a year down the line if you are a perfectionist

A seat you have to get in and out of carefully...sounds awesome.

My originals have no wear and I get in and out of them as I would any other car.

Glad I don't have to tell passengers to get in the car 'carefully' otherwise the seats will eventually fall apart.

Fiesta ST200

My originals have no wear and I get in and out of them as I would any other car.

Glad I don't have to tell passengers to get in the car 'carefully' otherwise the seats will eventually fall apart.

This. Mine were absolutely fine. Very supportive too.

Anyway, lets not let this turn into yet another recaro/no recaro debate. They happen far too often :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

always been the case with recaros, i dont undertand how they can only make seats yet still cant make ones that stand up to the test of time lol

seat.jpg

photo7.jpg

niOZEl.jpg

TBF all seats wear out. Anyone can post some pictures of tatty chairs. The major problem with the Renault Recaros, is the OEM specific trim. I have the same chairs in my car, and they are not worn out, because they are not trimmed in tissue paper. Blame Renault, not Recaro.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the only time ive ever saw recaros wear out is ones that arn't leather unless they are ancient leather ones cracking. Its due to the lack of foam in the side bolsters on the current ones (what ever they are called) meaning there is no give in the material when your arse passes by it, few guys in europe on clio200.net have had more foam added and the standard material isnt wearing out which sounds promising.

my old 150k Dynamique seats have all been near perfect!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
still very poor that they arent lasting the time!!!! my cobras sit lower than recaro (look pretty good) rattle a tiny bit when not sat in when driven over bumps, but very suportive and cheap really.:) i didnt think these were amazing but for the money i cant fault them, recaros are disapointing on the new purhaps renault didnt intend people to sit in them ;) lol Quiet