ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10k cant find a good 200

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
is it really worth having recaros, as ones i tend to enquire about seem to be worn already not good or ff with standard seats??

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i forgot, clio 200's are only driven by mature enthusiates. :dead: just saying for 10k a clio isnt where my money would be going. but thats for another thread. its up to the op what he does with this cash. i like the 200's, they get great reviews, doubt its any more fun than my ph1 though.

Lol, typical reply.
Justifying a 12 year old car you own is still as good as a new one.

I had a ph1 172, it's nothing on par with the 200, apart from straight line speed is similar.

only thing better about the ph1 when I had it, stone chips never bothered me.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
MUCH MUCH WORSE!!

Nearly as bad as a R32.

Yeah fuel is pretty poor. I've done about 5.5k in my 200 now & it hasn't really got any better. I drive normally to work and back down country B roads with the occasional blast. Never been above 27.5 in the last 3 months for sure. Managed 30 on a motorway once!

Currently I'm on 25 ish.

320d
Clio 200 is in a completely different league from a ph1 172, ph1's are great value for money but the 200 is better in almost every way other than fuel consumption lol

The thing is he said fun. The 200 is a more capable car than the 1*2's, however if you went out for a good drive in a 1*2 would you think that was a great drive, but it would be better in a 200?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
RECAROS > PAUPER SPEC

Worthless otherwise-

S

?? i dont understand

Neither do I!

It will not be worthless...you'll just not be able to sell it on CS as a 200 without Recaros is deemed less desirable than a Trabant. No problem, sell it elsewhere and leave the CS sheep still searching for the all elusive 'hero' spec 200 LOL.

I have standard chairs, they're absolutely fine for what you want or need them to do.

RB182cup&golf gti
We have an 09 1.2 and that averages 38mpg with soft driving so can believe the 200s are as bad as everyone says. No recaros = cheaper (same) car with perfectly good seats, certainly wouldn't put me off and hardly 'poverty' spec. Mind you I drive a 182 cup which according to most people's opinions on here is the most pointless Renault sport made!

Clio RS200
Everyone has opinions, doesn't make them fact.

When I come to sell the 200 in a few years, it 'may' be slightly harder to sell but I will still sell it.

I chose not to have the recaros as I didn't want them, I prefer the standard seats.

It's pretty rude to call someones car 'pauper spec' and 'worthless' because it doesn't have Recaros, especially from a professional company who trade for a living.
If you are going to bash other people, do it under your own name and not the name of your company, hardly gives a good image...

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Steve- 200's are not worth having without recaros.

Impossible to sell unless your listing dirt cheap.

there you go.

Will yours still sell- yes, however if it will be a lot less than the net 900 than the recaros were to have.

Look at the classifieds of 200's- full of cars with no recaros, noones buying 200's - so to have a 200 that has minimal spec appeals to noone.
A non cup pack 200 even less appealing- probably the last car id bar out of every one available.

so your market share of a crap market is probably 10% of people.
If you have say 100 people looking for a 200 at the moment ( at a guess ) then I would guess your market is 10- now share that round the 30 or so 200's on the market with those god awful chairs then the chance of selling it is pretty low.

If a recaro'd car is worth 10k then take 2k off to sell a non recaro one.

Notice all the non recaro owners pipe up in the thread, well- if it was no recaros out of choice thats your choice, however ive only sold around 40 197's & 200 & every person that buys them wanted the recaros.

IF the OP doesnt want my advice then fine- thats cool, however a 200 with no decent chairs isnt worth having as if your shelling out 10+ on your pride & joy you dont want to feel like a pauper when a decent one comes along-
The standard seats whilst comfortable are pretty undesirable.

Maybe worthless was a bit strong- perhaps pointless is better...

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I think the normal seats have a place. But as above all the ones I see on dealer front with the standard interior don't seem to shift! Not to mention that the market seems flooded with the standards at the moment from the PCP deal & people financing 200's as cheaply as possible!

Not saying that having one without makes the car sh*t, it's not what I'd have hense why I have Recaro's but everyones different & I will admit, they are tiring getting in and out of at 6FT3. Plus my mrs's hates them, but she can pipe down.

Nissan 350z
As R-Sports said; They do make the interior a whole nicer place to be and i even went and retro-fitted them to my 200 after buying a pair on Ebay.

That being said i havent got them in the Megane 250 and i wont be adding them. On a day to day basis the compromise you take to prevent the wearing bolsters just wasnt worth the hassle of the "getting in and out" maneuver they required to keep them in pristine conidition.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lol, typical reply.
Justifying a 12 year old car you own is still as good as a new one.

I had a ph1 172, it's nothing on par with the 200, apart from straight line speed is similar.

only thing better about the ph1 when I had it, stone chips never bothered me.

where did i say it was just as good?? i said i doubt a clio 200 is any more fun that a ph1. iv owned loads of cars, new cars, old cars, 4wd turbo cars, loads of clios, williams, clio cup, 16v from new. they are all fun cars, great handling etc.

some clio 200 drivers on here thinking they are the best things since sliced bread and also owning one makes them superior to everyone else. pathetic.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The thing is he said fun. The 200 is a more capable car than the 1*2's, however if you went out for a good drive in a 1*2 would you think that was a great drive, but it would be better in a 200?

yep definately without a heartbeat, the 200 is more fun than a ph1. or any mk2 RS for that matter. MK2s are by no means bad they are awesome fun, but times move on and then 200 is imo more fun.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
nice to know every thread on cs ends in the same way lol.

i hear the orginal seats arent that bad, and all this you have to be very carefull with the recaros is a bit of a joke its a seat to sit in!!!
is the fuel consumption that really much worse than the 182 thats the main thing, overall i hear the drive is so much more improved grown up :)

thanks all

how do you know if it has the cup packs?? does the ff have all them like the 182 used to have

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yep definately without a heartbeat, the 200 is more fun than a ph1. or any mk2 RS for that matter. MK2s are by no means bad they are awesome fun, but times move on and then 200 is imo more fun.

Im going to get a test drive in a 200 cup and see what the fuss is all about. Had a sit in one with recaros and it did feel great

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Would need to have recaros in my opinion, them and the steering wheel are the only good things about the interior.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I'm having no issues with mpg,

must own a different car. I'm currently averaging 35.9 mpg on my commute to work.

60 mph B roads all the way.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
cup pack chassis is red brembo calipers stiffened chassis etc & anthricite wheels-

S

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Im going to get a test drive in a 200 cup and see what the fuss is all about. Had a sit in one with recaros and it did feel great

I didn't understand what the fuss was about until pushed mine for the first time. The car really starts to make sense when you give it the beans, handling really is sublime!

I've done 5.5-6k in mine from new now & i'd say it's a completely different animal now it's got some miles on it.

Clio RS 200
Just bought my 200 for £9,500 with 24K on the clock, White, Recaros, Cup Chassis and most of the added extras (Cruise Control, Automated Wipers/Lights) I think (well i hope) i got a good deal! Its from a Renault dealer too.... Looked around for ages but I found this one :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought my 200 for £9,500 with 24K on the clock, White, Recaros, Cup Chassis and most of the added extras (Cruise Control, Automated Wipers/Lights) I think (well i hope) i got a good deal! Its from a Renault dealer too.... Looked around for ages but I found this one :)

Which dealer matey? I saw a white one matching your description for sale at my local.....

Welcome by the way.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
For what its worth, i'd rather have normal seats over recaro's.

They're too hard, the back of them marks too easily with people getting in and out, the airbags look stupid and they wear out stupidly fast.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I got it from Renault Motorline Maidstone dude and thanks! :cool:

Yeah I saw that on the front when I was up that way the other week looks nice pal. Mines going in for some warranty work (bubbled paint on spoiler).

Mine also came from Motorline Ren.

RB 182 195bhp
IMO if your spending around £10k, your going too want 'the one' go and have a look at a few, test drive as many as possible and decide what spec you want then find the best one for you. I dont think you should be looking at resale value too heavily as its a car too enjoy, not an investment. Realisticly it is going too loose money no matter what, my money would personally go on a E46 M3/ Vauxhall Monaro/ C4 Corvette. But these would all have greater running costs. Each too their own needs/ wants :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Im sure that motorline maidstone one had a new gearbox as well.....

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
To be fair I would say thats good- although they didnt have to tell you as may thought it might put the sale in jeopordy-

Im 50% sure- worth a call though- it should be on the warranty record they have..

I was leaving renault Maidstone about 5 weeks ago & a 200 was outside on the customer parking bay- I was chatting to the service bloke & he said they were selling it but needed a new gearbox- they said it would be the new one peice syncro as well-

So I would take that as a plus- I sorry I cant remember even what colour the car was...!! but was a newish 200 with recaros.-

Worth a call- they are a friendly bunch in maidstone-

S