ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 Models

Authentique 1.2
I was recently looking @ an modified 1.2 58 plate clio, but after a long hard thing it's just a glorified 1.2 and it might as well have the same engine a what I do now.

I'm looking @ getting another clio (love em!) but doubt very much I would get cheap insurance on a 2.0, so looking at a 1.6

What I want to know, is what years do they come in and what's the model name?

Cheers lads

BG V6, LY 182
Personally i'd wait another year, save your insurance money + petrol money + tax etc etc, and then look at getting a 172/182 next year?

polo, here for lols
my advice would be that you wait another year, i was about to buy a valver last night, was not a bad price and looked well, insurance was abit more than i would like but i spoke to my dad and in the end decided i didnt need the car all that much and that if i waited a little while longer and save up abit more cash i could get a nicer 2ltr rs in a bout a year and a half, yeh i wanted the valver and yeh i want a faster car, or a car for that matter (brother currently learning to drive in mine) but if i wait a little longer then i can get a better car for the same insurance and also have more money saved up to buy and then spend on it.

1.4 Dynamique
I'm kinda with paul on this one, you will just find you will get bored with the 1.6 and then want to change it again for a 1*2 in a years time.
The 1.6 mk2 ph1s i think were the rxe, the si, and the rsi, they were 1998-2001
The 1.6 mk2 ph2s were only as a dynamique i believe, so thats 2001-2005

Authentique 1.2
Right thanks for that.

Just a quicker, what's better a 182 or 172?
Local stealership have a 182 cup for 6,500

Wondering if that's worth?

Ive got a 1.6 not to shabby but would still rather a 2ltr...saying that its in the uk and i now live in france....black, 04, few performance mods, 38k...intrested? ;)

R33C3 - i'm glad you've seen the light over that modded up dealer special. I can't stress how much I hate the things (I know it's each to their own etc though)

I'd go with waiting a year too tbh, or in the mean time get another car, then get your 2.0 clio :)

320d
I'd wait a year and get an RS Clio personally. Its what i've decided to do, only got another 5 months wait now.

You could buy a valver and insure it tpft. Would be a huge tep up in performance and handling.

BMW M135i
My old one:

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

Would do it again as well tbh, went 1.2->1.6->172 and really the jump from the 1.2 to the 1.6 seemed bigger than to the 172. Gave me a nice introduction to warm performance really, still miss it in some ways really :dapprove:.

Ive got a 1.6 and its too much power for me imo(17) although its just nice to know its there. I wouldnt jump from a 1.2 to a 1*2, I think most people would crash.

Authentique 1.2
Honestly think a 2.0 will be too big.
Im 19, 1 years ncd and pay 760 for the year.

How much do the 1.6 go for?
Insurance be much more?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't bother. Will definetly feel alot more livlier than a 1.2, but not enough that would make me want to spend money buying one. May aswell save until you can afford a 2.0 if that's what you've really got your heart set on.

Lots of Alfas
If it was me id buy a nice little 172mk1 and use the cash left over from your 58plate for the insurance and set any aside for maintenance. Thats what Id do, infact thats what I did.

If you really want a 1.6 they came in Dynamique, Initiale and Privilege. They are insurance group 8, the 172/182 is insurance group 16. Get a reg off a 1.6 on ebay and then do some insurance quotes for a 1.6 and a 172/182.

Ive got a 1.6 and its too much power for me imo(17) although its just nice to know its there. I wouldnt jump from a 1.2 to a 1*2, I think most people would crash.

too much power?!, grow a pair ;)

having said that, if you have soo little confidence (or too much confidence) in your driving ability then dont get a 1*2 lol.

320d
everytime i see a crashed 1*2, a very small part of me dies. lol

Can't be much left of you then. Theres loads of crashed ones.

Tbh i've not driven a 2.0 but the jump from 1.2 to 2.0 doesn't phase me. Its no faster than a 1.2 if you take it easy, you are the only one that can make it faster than a 1.2 it doesn't accelerate its self does it. Just need to treat it with respect and you'd be fine.

Authentique 1.2
Im deffo up for a 1.6

A friend has a 1.4 si 16v fiesta wipes the floor with mine.

So from a 1.2 8v to a 1.6 16v I can could see a big diff!
How much they go for?

I went from a 1.0L polo to a 1.6 Clio..

1 year with a 1.6 Clio will put you in a nice position for when you get a 172.

Going from a 1.2 to a 172 would be a big jump in my opinion. I think the experience of the 1.6 would go a long way..

At the end of the day, its down to you and what you can afford/insure.

Feel free to drop me a pm if you have any questions...

Cheers,
Steve

Authentique 1.2
Cheers for all the replied, very impressed with that vid.

30 seconds or so to 100, 50 or so in mine LOL

Just want to know now, how much for a tidy 1.6, what's the best model to go for and what's the best year to look at?

Thanks in advance

mk5 fiesta zetec s
i might be selling mine mate if you are interested. its a 1.6 16v dynamique 02 plate. with just under 67.000 miles. got a few tidy mods like bmc cda air filter.rs grill.silvervisions.

ill post a pic here.

DSC_0683_136.jpg

Evo 8 MR
They are pretty cheap tbh as they are a 1.6 I find they are cheaper than a 1.2 or a 1.4 in comparison.

Best model to go for is the Dynamique+ as they have all the toys and they are the most sporty model and best year is 51/52 plate as they have the smart wipers and headlights which was added in the later models.

Oh and get a black one. ;)