ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v

ur megane r26
hello people, i have got a 1.2 atm and am gettin fed up with how slow it is, love the car just not the speed lol, i am 18 with 1 years ncb and i would realli like to purchase a 1.6 shortly, what models would you recommend to get me a good boost of power and also make sure it isnt too hard on the old insurance front. i tried a quote for an rsi and it was like 3000 pound does this sound about right,

Mercedes C Class Sport
Im also 18 and hgave a 1.6 16v dynamique +...My insurance is £1200 fully comp with my 21 year old sis on the policy

ur megane r26
yer is ur sister as the main driver or just the named driver, coz if she is a named driver that wud be realli handy for me to do that with me dad as i am on me comprehensive on me own atm, on my 1.2 it is 950 a year, tis a friggin rip off init

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
your paying £950 fully comp with the policy in your name?!

i paid £1800 for 9 months on my first policy, about £1300 next 9 months and then when i renew it should be about £900 for 12 months with 3 points.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
forgot to add, if i get a 1.6 clio instead of my 1.2 when i renew it will be about £50 more, thats with 2ncb at 18 and 3 points

ur megane r26
wot are the rsi's like, i soo want one but dont think i am able to afford it yet, the thing is i want the 110 bhp not the 90 bhp one, i dont c the point in spending soo much money on such a lil gain from my 1.2

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
on the mk2 ph2 dynamique, thats with norwhich union mate.

ur megane r26
sounds good, have you found the car you wana buy because i love the phase 2 mark 2 but cant find many in black atm

Clio 197
wot are the rsi's like, i soo want one but dont think i am able to afford it yet, the thing is i want the 110 bhp not the 90 bhp one, i dont c the point in spending soo much money on such a lil gain from my 1.2

mk2 ph1 1.6 16v 110bhp Rsi is like the standard clio but it got dual headlights, rear spoiler, half leather interior front sport seats and alloy wheels - not a fan those wheels. Then had some few options are alloy bonnet, cd changer & few more but if lucky can find one & by the way only 1000 Rsi were made between 2000 - 2001.

ur megane r26
right so if i was to just buy a 1.6 16v mark 1 but not the rsi version i cud do stuff to it to make it look like the rsi, would it be any cheaper on insurance?

Punto Evo Abarth
i have a black mk 2 phase 2 1.6. in black dynamique billabong thingie. insurance for me is somthing like £900 for 9 months (which norwich union) im 18 and have 1 years no claims :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
wouldnt get black to be honest mate, a b**ch to keep clean, especially if you don't have time to wax and polish etc on a regular basis.

thats just my opinion though.

no there aren't too many around really, just have to wait to fins a nice one that is what you want.

theres a nice one on here at the minute, 52 plate black, modded abit, look in the cars for sale part of the forum.

ur megane r26
yer i think i have seen the one you are one about very nice, i do love black cars but yer they are alot of work to keep clean, wot colour would u recommend, i like silver and the red but i think the red is a bit flashey for me, i realli like your 1.2 btw mate

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
my 1.2?
if so thanks, its a bit s**t at the minute, bits of damage here and there, 50% lowered, tracking fooked!

i don't know, i like the light blue ones, silver is nice.
i would have a black if the car was a good one, i do love black clios its just the cleaning, depends how picky you are really!

ur megane r26
yer i think i want a black one even tho it does get dirty easy, when you do clean it i bet you are like f**k me that looks the dogs

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah, i clay mine every couple of months, and polish and wax every month if i can just to keep the paint looking good, and it does look awesome, but then as soon as i pull out of my drive my wheels go back to black and the paint gets covered in crap!

all good fun though i suppose, i bought my car to drive not clean all the time!

al

ST on the way...
Black MK2 PH2 1.6 16v... it's the RIGHT choice to make ;)

PICT0184.jpg

PICT0277.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

...and one important bit :D
clim2.jpg

ur megane r26
yer thats exactly it lol, i dont even know what to do with the clay and all that detailing stuff, i just wet the car down, put car shampoo on it and rub it in so is gets all the s**t off, and i use the white glove mitton things then spray the shampoo off and spray the car in tango and use autoglym on the alloys, the leave that for a couple of minutes, wash it off and leather the car dry

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Just buy my SI then it looks like an RSI and theres alot of difference between your 1.2 and my 1.6 8 valve mines faster :rasp: Also as giles say there were 1000 RSI clios made but i have the only 1.6 SI on the site.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
nah al's car sucked! (not)

its fairly easy to do, clay u just rub over the body work, then rewash, then polish and wax.
i normally do it the weekend before payday because i can't afford to go out!

ur megane r26
fair enough lol, im looking to do this in a few months time so hopefulli there will be alot more choice around by then but knowing my luck their will be less then than there is now lol

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah was good fun!

was just after christams so there was lots of salt on the roads, plus there was about 40 miles of fun country roads!

i thought of it as adding character.

al, that pic is cool, how long did it take to get that much crap on it?