ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 dci differences?

Hi all,

I am on the lookout for a late mark 2 1.5 dci, just wondering if the engine remained the same during the mark 2 and the mark 3 or indeed between the different facelifts? I am aware of the EGR clogging issue but have also read somewhere about the fuel pump having issues and chucking shards into the injectors (not good!).

I might put a very mild tune on the engine (I have found that a mildly tuned diesel gives better MPG than a stock tune owing to better throttle response and making up for any loss in fuel flow owing to worn injectors). It will be my daily drive and its basically 95% motorway so wouldn't need any tyre tearing rocketship, just something that's happy to sip fuel on the motorway.

Thanks in advance!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
loads of info at www.cliodci.net

basically engines are all the same, mk3 used a different fuel system which is a bit better but the Delphi stuff on the mk2 aint too bad in my experience so far!

look out for a dci 100 if your looking to tune, 130bhp and 190lbft and they are pretty quick!

failing that look for a dci 80 as it has the better injectors the 100 has so still decent gains to be had and uses the more common JC5 gearbox the 172/182 uses so easier to find replacements and driveshafts etc. I also find the 80 box has better ratios than the 100

clio dci , ren8
There are changes in the engines ,the 106 bhp in the mk 3 uses a simmens injection system all others including the mk 3 use Delphi system

I decided to go with the dci 80 in the end, think the EGR needs cleaning but that's easy to do, shame its not a Bosch system, glad mine hasn't got a Siemans system though, when those injectors fail, they fail open and due to the high pressures they have been know to put a hole through the top of the piston!

clio dci , ren8
The Delphi system also burns the pistons ,fail and bang the bottom end out and the pumps shred . Have not had a simens system give trouble or shred as yet

The Delphi system also burns the pistons ,fail and bang the bottom end out and the pumps shred . Have not had a simens system give trouble or shred as yet

I will see what happens then! Planning to give everything a check over and might replace the HP pump.