ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 Superchager kit???

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Has anyone started to sell these yet or is eveyone still designing them? Would be very interested. Anyone with any info i.e. prices, power, torque........

Cheers, Gaz

** and i know about the spelling mistake in the title :(

S4 Avant
GDI are in the process, and it looks promising, I'm sure they'll let us all know when its ready

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
GDI are in the process, and it looks promising, I'm sure they'll let us all know when its ready

Yeah i heard that, angelworks too. GDI website doesnt want to work and angelworks looks like it needs updating

S4 Avant
They must be having teething problems with it. They were in the process of putting up their new website when I was there, I'm sure Andy or Dan will be along to explain shortly

raw striker
not sure about the website but with regards to supercharger kits we have a prototype kit that works with aircon that is still yet to be fitted and run on a vehicle, and there is a second kit that will be cheaper and losses the aircon that is half made at the moment and will probably get tested before the aircon model as to be honest its the one most likely to sell purely on a cost basis. both these kits are being done as a slight sideline project so they are taking a little longer than normal as allot of my time is being taken up with sorting our new workshops out. in a couple weeks time i can get back on them then give you some updates as soon as i have some. :)

172 cup
Supercharger kit sounds good to me, looks like this years holiday can wait till next year ! Looking forward to the update

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Tbh i reckon it will be a few month because both angelworks/Rstuning and GDI are going to want to run the kits on test cars for a good few miles before putting their kits up for sale. To make sure they are perfect.

AWT/RST Have a car in testing at the moment which is going through cal validation at the moment. It's up, running and fecking quick. I had the pleasure of driving it a few weeks ago. It's exactly like a massive naturaly aspirated engine, pulls from idle in any gear and just ramps up as the revs rise.

I'm hugely impressed! It's also really nicely packaged and will run quite happily on the standard ECU.

I rate it highly. It'll be availble shortly.

Cheers
M

PH1 iceburg
Jamsport do them for the fiesta st150's and were talking about developing a kit for the 172's soon

raw striker
It's exactly like a massive naturaly aspirated engine, pulls from idle in any gear and just ramps up as the revs rise.

M

the joys of a rotrex :D there even more fun when you fit them to toys like this....
P1080035.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

182 cup
AWT/RST Have a car in testing at the moment which is going through cal validation at the moment. It's up, running and fecking quick. I had the pleasure of driving it a few weeks ago. It's exactly like a massive naturaly aspirated engine, pulls from idle in any gear and just ramps up as the revs rise.

I'm hugely impressed! It's also really nicely packaged and will run quite happily on the standard ECU.

I rate it highly. It'll be availble shortly.

Cheers
M

How soon will Mr Ben be releasing the kit???????

S

seanaldo1987

i'll defo be investing in a supercharger, all that power from any range, no stupid turbo lag :D.

will sacrafice aircon if the price is right ;)

As far as I know the kit is done, design signed off etc. etc. at the moment its in cal validation which is a part not worth rushing IMHO as that's got to be correct!

Cheers
M

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
/Care if 2 companies have developed similar systems it can only be good for the customer, price wars, improving systems to beat each other :p

Lionel Richie
who cares, you pays your monies, you make your choice, don't need any forum bashing

Ben's kit is just about ready does over 310bhp on the test car

GDI's aircon kit in still in development and hasn't been tested but looks proper bo

THE END

anyone ever seen the Guinness slogan? "GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT"

or have you heard that Take That song? "HAVE A LITTLE PATIENCE"

I drove the RST car with the AWT Supercharger kit (as featured in PFC magazine and driven by their staff) just before Xmas.

In Jan I was at RST and watched it put down 296bhp on the rollers.

The car is up, running, driving about daily and undergoing cal validation.

I'm just giving a honest opinion on things and in my humble opinion the car I drove was very, very impressive.

Cheers
M

Last edited by a moderator:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
i have been out in the RST charger 172 aswell. all that power but no passenger footrest...whats that about?!?!?

Yep its running (very well) on the stock ECU - hence the amount of work that is going into validating the calibration.

And Barron - stick em up on the bulkhead just don't kick the fuse box ;-)

Cheers
M

Ph1
I was took a spin in the AWT/RS Tuning's one when it was 270 odd and geeeezzzzzz words cant describe how quick it picks up in every gear!!

Its like a 1st gear type of pull but in everygear all the way up to crazy speeds.

Its insane!!

Needs vids of it in action ;)

raw striker
id be very interested to know how much boost the awt kit is running on stock internals to get 300+ bhp

ITB BG 182
I just think people should at least wait till july time before even thinking about buying a kit, everyone needs time to test that all is running well. Last thing you want is to blow some thing thro the roof other than the fuel bill.

id be very interested to know how much boost the awt kit is running on stock internals to get 300+ bhp

Well its not hard to guess what spec charger is on it and data is freely available for delivered air mass at input RPM and compressor RPM. You know what power it is making hence you should be able to work out what boost its running pretty easily ;-)

Think the plan is to run RST's car at 300bhp to gather plenty of data on knock limits etc. then supply the public kits in 250bhp spec which gives a decent safety margin.

Cheers
M

I just think people should at least wait till july time before even thinking about buying a kit, everyone needs time to test that all is running well. Last thing you want is to blow some thing thro the roof other than the fuel bill.

Hence why there's a fully built development car racking up miles around the North of England at the moment............

Not sure what July has to do with it though? Once the cal is validated and signed off then its done.

Cheers
M

182 cup
anyone ever seen the Guinness slogan? "GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT"

or have you heard that Take That song? "HAVE A LITTLE PATIENCE"

Above points are very true but when a promise has been broken and your emails aren't being answered then no matter how good the product is your patience is going to pushed to the limit and to be honest that is were my mine is at the moment.