ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1*2 Insurance - Younger People :)

RS Meg 175
I have had a good look around with the search function but cant find anything really.

Ok so at the end of this year im 20 and will have 2 years ncb.

What sort of prices can i expect for any 1*2's? i have had a look around on comparison websites but they are coming up all over the place, just wondered what you guys have found?

Matt.

S4 Avant
19, no ncb, but working on that, I'm currently paying 1000 for insurance on a 1.3 fiesta, and hopefully after taking my 182 back to standard, I'll be paying 1500 to be insured as a named driver on my 182

BMW M135i
19 2ncb £1700/20 3ncb £1300. Then back to £1700 for the 225 :(. Always been with highway through flux.

RS Meg 175
lol wish i owned that pair ^

hmm sounds like i wont be able to get insured on one sub-1k then?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
19, no ncb, but working on that, I'm currently paying 1000 for insurance on a 1.3 fiesta, and hopefully after taking my 182 back to standard, I'll be paying 1500 to be insured as a named driver on my 182
Thats not a bright thing to admit to.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
lol wish i owned that pair ^

hmm sounds like i wont be able to get insured on one sub-1k then?

Dont forget alot of the premium accounts for you post code. Assuming you live in a low crime sub-urban area you may be able to get arond the £1k mark but still dought it.

When I was 22 I had 0 NCB, low crime area on a 172 was £1,200.

I am 24 now with 2 years NCB and pay £670!

If I were you I would wait till your 21 and then you will have grown up abit and the car will be more afforable. When you 21 you will be able to get quoted by Green Light which ar very good.

Never above 25mpg
This all sounds quite good to me. £1700 is cheap insurance for the 172 considering I paid £1500 for my TPFT insurance on my 1.4 for my first year of driving!

19, 1 claim (at fault, damage to mine and one other :s), 0 ncb's, fully comp with bell.co.uk for £1200, driving for 2 years

female though.

Track 172 & Golf R32
19, 1 claim (at fault, damage to mine and one other :s), 0 ncb's, fully comp with bell.co.uk for £1200, driving for 2 years

female though.

so sexist :p theres no way il get a qoute like that next year when i get my 172 !!!:mad: lol

Thats not a bright thing to admit to.

Another do-gooder, its not your problem

It is our problem,

You crash, your driving home from work (which your not insured to do)

Your insurance is void, you gets points, criminal record, even if your wernt your fault!

Our premiums go up!

I too had your attitude and can tell you first hand, its not nice when it comes to claim time!

Also try getting insured when you ticked the yes box to 'have you had any insurance declined or cancelled'

Recaro'd 182
i wouldnt bother save your money for when you 21. then the car will be cheaper and you can use the money you saved on insurance (800 ish) to buy mods?

Got my new car yesterday! BMWZ3

22, 2 crashes, 1 my fault, 3 points speeding, No NCB payinh £970

Thought it was very good considering!

Fabia VRS
21, 3years no claims, 750quid fully comp:) bought the car a month before i turned 21 and to insure it at 20 the cheepest i found was 2000quid!! Insurance is stupid sometimes!:(

Monaco Blue Mk2
I've already looked at quotes for next year for when I'm 21. The trouble with a lot of people on here they dont state for example if they are tpft or fc, or if they are the policyholder or named driver, or length of policy etc.

I Will be 21 with 4 yrs ncd. standard ph1 172. 12 month policy, fully comp as the policyholder, best so far is £1200 with bell.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
^ you must live in a crap postcode. im 21, 2 years ncb and i can get a quote of around £500 for a 172, with me as policy holder.

good postcodes ftw!