ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Expression 16v.

Renault clio 1.2
Hi guys, this is a thread for my 2001 Clio, 1.2 expression 16v.
Ive made a couple other threads about it, but made a few mistakes on them ect,
so this is the proper one.
Mods done so far:

* Cup spoiler
* New clutch
* 14" alloys,
* rear mudflaps, (dont hate)
* Front and rear badges sprayed matte black.
* New rear speakers and head unit.
* dash trims, door speakers and hazard surround wrapped in carbon vinal.
* Engine bay cleaned up a little.
* New front numberplate. (old one was cracked)
* Front spots fitted.

Mods to come in the future:

* Clear side repeaters,
* colour coding bump strips.
* new rear numberplate.
* sports air filter.
* possibly lowering a little.

Any suggestions ?

here's a few pics of it so far..

cfc527ea.jpg

a4cde90d.jpg

3721186e.jpg

188b4777.jpg

3a77c4fa.jpg

3d6a6fad.jpg

c605a0fb.jpg

Excuse the dirt, :eek:

6a7c7c4e.jpg

1ba8e0da.jpg

8e08269e.jpg

a66ca12b.jpg

84334250.jpg

164f9982.jpg

Let me know what you think guys?

Clio 1.2
I love the carbon vinyls, I need to do that on my 1.2 Clio Dynamique

I don't like the wheels, they are way too small, should upgrade to 15" :p

I don't see a point of putting a sports air filter on a 1.2, If there is one thing I have learnt from here, is don't upgrade a 1.2 for performance, save for a better car
Id colour code the strips, and lower it though.

Renault clio 1.2
Im hoping to get some 15's only put 14's on it because i got them free off a family friend. and they look better than steels that were on it when i bought it. :')
yeah. looking for an RS Grille, but i dont want to spend to much on it, as i am saving for a faster car.. + Insurance is high enough on this so. could be a while before i get anything faster..
thanks guys. keep it coming !

Vectra
you've done a good job with the carbon wrapping! the plans sound good, ad get some silvatec bulbs and look into getting 16" 172 alloys

Last edited:
  Clio 1.5 dci
Thats not a cup spoiler and why is it a different colour? And I swear expressions have half the interior cream like the glove box and door cards?

Renault clio 1.2
Thats not a cup spoiler and why is it a different colour? And I swear expressions have half the interior cream like the glove box and door cards?

I got it off ebay, thinking it was the right colour, but as you see. it isnt! haha :dapprove:
Its currently wrapped in carbon at the moment. Only until i get my hands on some spray to do the bump strips as well.

also yes, that is tape on the mirror. my brother thought it would be a good idea to try and bend it in and it just snapped. Stupid T**t! :mad:

Renault clio 1.2
I know pal. in desperate need of them! im watching a few on ebay. Cant afford too much at the moment. mayb after my next pay check!

Renault clio 1.2
gave the car a good wash today, thought i should take a few pics to update the thread..

7d19ec8c.jpg

^ Brothers BMW behind..

42b68f07.jpg

d05a1629.jpg

33d4364b.jpg

Clear side repeaters now on. Great Improvement.

Also thought i would add a pic of the new addition to the family.

17d91ed2.jpg