ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v MPG, what do you get, im getting 40mpg

J

jakm15

1.2 8v MPG, what do you get, im getting 40mpg. i dont thrash it but dont drive like a granny. 90% town driving

renault clio 1.2 8v
i dont know how to work it out but im getin jus over 80 mile to £10 @94.9p/litre

J

jakm15

i can get nearly that in a 172...;)

90% motorway though..

lol, try 90% in 1st gear in traffic.

i did 100 mile on motorway the other week and it cost me 40 quid, i had 5 big mates in, 3 bikes on the back and a really really full boot and all up big hills, foot flat 60mph lol. its lowered 40mm already so it was really on its arse

renault clio 1.2 8v
:| serious, but somethings wrong with my fuel tank guage itl stop at the line before the reserve tank and stay there so i never really know how much is left, does anyone else have this problem?

J

jakm15

:| serious, but somethings wrong with my fuel tank guage itl stop at the line before the reserve tank and stay there so i never really know how much is left, does anyone else have this problem?

ye mine does that, just keep going lol, it will go right to the very bottom eventually and the light will come on. ill get around 30-40 mile from the top of the red to the petrol light comming on

J

jakm15

i get more that 40mpg in my 182, should hope you would get 45+ in a 1.2??

its 90% in traffic though in 1st, would do more on flat motorway, how do you get that much in a 182 super super super careful driving or all motorway driving

renault clio 1.2 8v
ye mine does that, just keep going lol, it will go right to the very bottom eventually and the light will come on. ill get around 30-40 mile from the top of the red to the petrol light comming on

im going to hold you to that so if my car stops somewhere its your fault lol

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
1.2 8v campus here.
Dont thrash it(as is there much point with a 1.2!) always try keep below 3000 rpm yet get 28-34mpg tops, if im extremely slow driving :|

J

jakm15

i did 100 mile on motorway the other week and it cost me 40 quid, i had 5 big mates in, 3 bikes on the back and a really really full boot and all up big hills, foot flat 60mph lol. its lowered 40mm already so it was really on its arse

did 11mpg when i was on motorway lol, the most thirsty 1.2 in the world

J

jakm15

1.2 8v campus here.
Dont thrash it(as is there much point with a 1.2!) always try keep below 3000 rpm yet get 28-34mpg tops, if im extremely slow driving :|

ye i try and change at 2000rpm when im being sensible

J

jakm15

I'll do a test then... will do one gallon "spiritedly" < as spiritedly as a 1.2 can manage, and one granny stylee.

empty your car of all its contents spare wheel all rubbish out af boot etc, starve yourself so you weigh less, tape all the cracks up to make it more streamlined (areial must go). and run it dry then put a gallon in.

or is this going to far?

2016 Audi RS3
I average around 40mpg in my 172 Cup, but to be fair I do about a 70/30 mix of out of town/town driving.

Nimbus 197
Just bought my 197 tonight, I'm well happy with 28mpg, I really just don't care how much it uses, it's funking lovely to drive!

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
wow!, motorway driving?

No, just around town, but Dundee isn't exactly motor city (not that many traffic jams) so it's 30mph most of the time.

I try and change up at the lowest revs possible, and I always downshift when approaching traffic lights, roundabouts etc

Also make the car as light as possible. It has no spare wheel or any junk in it.

Clever braking and good clutch control and you can easily achieve 50-55mpg in a 1.2

:)

ST
I got 40mpg in my 197 once...was in neutral going down a big hill jus after i'd reset the trip computer tho..

renault clio 1.2 8v

im trying it out now seems to have worked but the light hasnt come on yet lol when the light does come on how many miles is there left?

Black 197
My 197 is getting 21.7mpg even with carefull driving... Defo more expensive to run than my 182 but who cares i love it

J

jakm15

im trying it out now seems to have worked but the light hasnt come on yet lol when the light does come on how many miles is there left?

mine comes on when the needle is right at the bottom of the last line, then i fill it up

Black 197
just gave back renault a courtesy car, a mk3 clio 1.5 dci... trip stated 62mpg.. Was good on fuel had it for 5 days and didnt stick a drop of diesel in, didnt use a quater of a tank where as in my 197 i'd have used well over a tank tbh

Scirocco GT 210
My misses has a 1.2 8v, she averages 33-34 mpg. I got (slightly) more mpg than that in my old 172!

Shocking performance:MPG ratio tbh.