ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v MPG, what do you get, im getting 40mpg

fiesta 1.25
Im expecting similar mpg in my new 172 because when on the motorway in the 1.2 8v i had my foot pretty much flat to the floor all the way to chester and back

Megane Mk4
Last week I did two trips to Gatwick airport and back from Grantham (364 miles in total), two trips, three people in plus luggage, the return journeys just me. Then another 180 miles from Grantham to Bradford, stopping at Barnsley on the way back, still had 60 miles left in the tank, but got about 15miles out of it before fill up as it was town driving. MPG at 49.7 in a 1.4 16v Mk3 Dynamique at more or less 60/70mph for the entire time though.

Nearly 550 miles on a full tank last week. Not bad for a petrol car IMO, best I've EVER done.

Z4
I'm getting an average of high 30s in my 172 cup.

It was a little bit lower last night playing with a mk5 golf gti and a leon cupra R though...!

Titanium 182
I drive my 1.4 16v into leeds and back out again about 12 mile round trip every day for work and I never ever see above 36mpg :/
Doesn't make a difference if I'm carefull or thrash it either.

LY 200
i can get nearly that in a 172...;)

90% motorway though..

I was gonna say i see between 38 and 40 in my 182 on the m-way!

I do kick the s**t out of the rev range from time to time but mostly normal driving mind.

bmw e92 330d '09
i think you should be geting more than 40mpg tbh. i've got 1.6 16v an that will sit at 36.5mpg alday even after a good nailing against my mates vtr.... and £20 will get me approx 140 mile....however i have had 59.2 mpg out of "christoph" and im being honest im not lieing ive got a picture on my phone because i couldn't believe it myself!!:approve:, but admitingly that was driving like a grannie at 50 - 60 mph and really light use of pedals. Its true that its not what car you have its how you drive it...but dont do eco-drive's everywhere there boring as fek... u got to give it some juice sometimes, especially against a corsa, saxo or 106 with some lad who thinks he's da shizz up ur arse!! and before you say, im not promoting racing eithier :nono:.......just makesure you nail 'em!!?? ;) ha ha ha ha! m uch love, Jamesy

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the 1.2s are terrible for fuel economy imo, dont understand why people buy them over a dci model drive so much better too. our driving school one averages 42mpg around town with learners! my mrs gets not far from that around town in my 172! dci would be getting mid 60's at least!

Shed.
f**king hell i get 35-37 round town in my 16v. I change no later than 2500.

I do get 48 on a mway and 40mph steady driving will see me at 50-55.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Got 50mpg on that tenner. Probably my most economical driving yet, if I had a rev counter I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have went past 3k once.

Never, EVER driving like that again though. 35-40mpg in a 1.2 FTW.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Silly question but does shifting in to neutral and taking your foot of the clutch is basically free wheeling right? This should improve my mpg?

Oh and is this bad for the engine at all?

T

thecremeegg

I get around 80 miles to a tenner normal driving. The most I ever got from a tank was 425 or so

Titanium 182
If I can get 300 miles before the petrol light comes on in the 182 then I'm happy.

As soon as the lights on its about £45-£50 to fill it. (Vpower)

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i get 600 miles on a tank

no idea how much to fill, as i've never done it ;) 80 litre tank tho.

average 40 mpg (half town, half main road)

and its a 2.5L Turbo + intercooled Diseasal.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
makes the 197 seem not too bad when people are getting 30mpg in their 1.2

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I feel like im getting 10mpg all i bloody do is stop at the petrol station lol, dont drive that mad most the times on the way to work at 7ish just changed at 2,000rpm then i do alot of motorway miles, one tank costs me around £36 and that will get me around 260miles doesnt seem alot to me!

Clio
90/100 Miles for a tenner at best, unless taking it really easy on the m-way might get 110miles.

generally i tend to get 80 ish i think.

None
At the moment im getting 50-60 mile from a tenner at 102.9p which is about 27mpg, which from a 1.4 8v is f**king shite