ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v need faster

alright peeps, how could i make my car faster, 1.2 16v. could get a exhast and decat and stuff. also induction kit. bit does induction kit actully do alot to performace. i want as much as i can get really. lol.

any ideas

buy faster?!

An open IK could lose you power yes, do the obvious, exhaust, decat, then think about better brakes, suspension, always key and of course stripping weight..

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

exhaust, decat, manifold, chip/remap, forced ram induction kit - maybe increase of 15-20hp??

carbon bonnet - 7kgs lighter , also strip some of the interior etc...

lightweight 15" alloys, decked on coilovers with sturtbrace and uprated brakes

would be a quick 1.2 but id invest in a faster car to be honest!

Would just get a faster car, the amount youd be spending on making the 1.2 faster, you could get yourself a cheap cup after selling your car

Remapped derv Golf

Better off selling and buying a faster motor mate.

eg. You can get a mk1 172 for £4,500 now and mk2s are going for £6500. Once you starting modding a 1.2 your gonna put the insurance up anyway. Might as well just sell it and buy a 172 (or something with similar performance).

You could spend thousands but the performance is always gonna be "warm"

Unless you drive it like Fred. ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

yep, mine was going like sh*t off a shovel at Silverstone...was keepin up with anything through the twisties. That all that counts imo.

so will the induction kit not help at all, cos i was thinking to do that next cos its not that exspensive, but its no point if it would go slower. could some one explain it to me. sorry

thanks guys

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

yer, kkkkkkkkk

in shrt if u get a good closed filter. i.e carbon fibre, with a direct cold air feed you will see and improvment,<<it will make a bit more grunt but not much

and if u stick abig k&n with a £5 halfords air feed, u will loose power not much like but some................but u will have a loud grunt.

option1 = £200

option 2 = £ 60

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 06 September 2005

yep, mine was going like sh*t off a shovel at Silverstone...was keepin up with anything through the twisties. That all that counts imo.
You dont need to buy a 172 then ;)

Lionel Richie

if you want "power" i use that term very catuiously!!! then get the 05 inlet manifold, its a MUCH better design