ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v engine issues

Clio 1.2
With the recent wet weather I have been stuggling with some running issues. The car is running like crap all the way up the rev range, with the exhuast sounding like its hitting against the body, and there is a significant lack of power (not that the 1.poo has much anyway), and the gear stick is violently shaking feeling as though it's going to jump out of gear, but this only gets really bad when trying to keep some speed up on hills etc. After a while of running it will settle down and all is ok, and the warning light goes. The only warning light I get on the dask is the flashing oil tap (believe this is the exhaust gas monitoring light??), but the light doesn't flash straight away when the car is turned on, normally comes in after a minute of driving. is water getting into a sensor? May not help that my drive is heavily sloped downwards, or i have to park half on the pavement, so the car is rarely parked level overnight

Thanks
Steve