ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v Dynamique

1.2 Dynamique 16v
When I bought my car about 3 weeks ago it looked like this:

IMG00536-20100608-1712.jpg

Since then I've bought:

- A 172 rear bumper, so I can get rid of the s**tty rear standard bumper.
- A New dynamique front bumper, because the one thats on has been touched up previous to me having the car and its a s**t job.
- Some shiny 182 alloys, which have transformed how the car looks.
- Some Eibach Sportline springs which have lowered it about 45mm on the front and 35mm on the back. The standard ones on the car were f**ked! But I didn't want it to be too low that I couldn't tackle speed bumps :eek:.
- The car had a knocking noise coming from the front and the gear stick was going everywhere when I touched the accelerator. So I took it to my mates garage and chucked in two drag links and a dog bone. Solved the problem.

The car looks like this now:

Next on the list is to get it all colour coded, and the bumpers put on.

I will update as it gets done.

Cheers for looking

BMW E36 328
looking good, you going to make a sport rep or just leave it with the wheels and a 172 rear bumper?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Cost me £300 with tyres from Cal182 off here. Really chuft with them.

I'll just put the 172 bumper on the rear, and put a new dynamique one on the front. Everything colour coded, hopefully next week!

I don't want it too look too much like a sport. Just want it to look different to other non-sports.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Cost me £300 with tyres from Cal182 off here. Really chuft with them.

I'll just put the 172 bumper on the rear, and put a new dynamique one on the front. Everything colour coded, hopefully next week!

I don't want it too look too much like a sport. Just want it to look different to other non-sports.

I meant Tonaz. Got the springs off Cal182 lol.

cheers for the comments btw.

Colour match looks to be slightly out on the rear bumper?

Did you get it sprayed or did you just buy a silver bumper?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
It is slightly off unfortunately. I got it sprayed professionally in a body shop. I think you'll notice it if your really looking for inperfections.

When I picked it up I was like hmm.. but he insisted that it was because its plastic to metal and a pearlescent paint.

Plus my car wasn't clean which made it worse, so i detailed it and its not as bad as I first thought.

Apparently it takes a while for the paint to settle properley anyway? (maybe a wives tale)

I may decide to get the rear quarters merged at some point though! £100 per panel.

Cant even see the difference! If its Gris Boreal then its a cracking match, thats a horrid horrid horrid colour to try and match!

Dislike the silver insert, should be black plastic, other than that it looks very smart indeed :)

clio mk2 1.6 16v
very nice car mate wheels work well on the car. how much did it cost ya to get it colour coded?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I thought this myself. The guy rang me up to ask if I wanted it colour coding, and I was like hmm not sure. I asked for his opinion and he said he thought it'd be better so I just went for it. Think I should get a black one to replace it?

I'm not really arsed about the slight difference tbh and I'm also thinking of when I sell the car... If I merge the panels it could cause issues if I decide to put a standard bumper back on when it comes to selling time.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
very nice car mate wheels work well on the car. how much did it cost ya to get it colour coded?

I had to replace the front bumper and obviously the rear bumper. Both were not the right colour so I got them both sprayed fully (inc. colour coding) for £380

clio mk2 1.6 16v
ohh cool not bad! and i cant see the difference between the two colours mate! whats next on your list?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
ohh cool not bad! and i cant see the difference between the two colours mate! whats next on your list?

Couple things I want next are:

RS spoiler/colour code the Dynamique
Colour code side strips
RS grille

Theres other bits I want but they'll have to wait!

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Lookin good laad!
Gotta get me a sport bumper now.
Waiting on an RS grill to get delivered. If it does... ¬¬
Get it colour coded!

Stagecoach Ticket
with them mods will look cracking

should get some clean plates and loose the surrounds aswell mate will make the world of difference

Love the car hopefully mine will look nice soon lol, i noticed you said about the knocking noise and gearstick problem, i think mines the same like when i change down gear i get a few knocking sounds and in between gears a bit jolty, did it sort that aswell ?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Love the car hopefully mine will look nice soon lol, i noticed you said about the knocking noise and gearstick problem, i think mines the same like when i change down gear i get a few knocking sounds and in between gears a bit jolty, did it sort that aswell ?

Yeah I sorted my problems.

The knocking I was getting was from the drag links at the front which are like the lower engine mounts (I think), one side had gotten abit worn over time for whatever reason so I replaced the pair. The link between the gear box and the engine (dogbone) was worn also which meant that the gear stick moved more than normal when I accelerated or took my foot off the throttle so I replaced this too cause its annoying as hell.

Cheers guys

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Yeah I sorted my problems.

The knocking I was getting was from the drag links at the front which are like the lower engine mounts (I think), one side had gotten abit worn over time for whatever reason so I replaced the pair. The link between the gear box and the engine (dogbone) was worn also which meant that the gear stick moved more than normal when I accelerated or took my foot off the throttle so I replaced this too cause its annoying as hell.

Cheers guys

Is this a big and/or expensive job matey?

Car is looking good btw :)

1.2 Dynamique 16v
No, not atall mate.

I think the dogbone itself is only 20 pounds with no more than 1hour labour. Probably 30 mins to be honest!

Cheers for looking camble