ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v 75bhp

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
is it true the clio mk2 facelift has 75bhp as standard,
i got a clio billabong dynamique 2002 and it cost me £5995,
was i robbed, brought it from renault itself,
what can i do to make it faster, it seems quiet nippy, i raced a 106 1.4 quicksiler and pissed all over it,
got it up to 110mph then it just died,

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Yep tis true :)

Book top end is 106mph (I think) so thats probably 110/112 indicated.

Sounds like you paid a bit much (I paid less than that for mine from Renault and that was 18 months ago)

Edit: I paid 5200 for my 02 plate, with 26k on the clock.

Astra SRi T
ronny7787 said:
is it true the clio mk2 facelift has 75bhp as standard,
i got a clio billabong dynamique 2002 and it cost me £5995,
was i robbed, brought it from renault itself,
what can i do to make it faster, it seems quiet nippy, i raced a 106 1.4 quicksiler and pissed all over it,
got it up to 110mph then it just died,

tbh is quite fast for a 1.2

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
£5995 :eek: poor lad, got my 1.2 dynamique ( higher spec than the billabong (i think)) 6 months ago for £3200!! :D:D its all about working in the trade

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
yea they are quiet quick, i got the logbook through, it is a 51plate but 2002, im 2nd owner and it has 29000miles on click so its not bad,

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
taylor said:
£5995 :eek: poor lad, got my 1.2 dynamique ( higher spec than the billabong (i think)) 6 months ago for £3200!! :D:D its all about working in the trade

Nothign to do with working in the trade. Just finding one cheap.

We run a garage in glasgow and i got my 172 from an old man down south...

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
he was a pal from work, he was ragging it cozi could hear his induction kit screaming, so was mine though,
it is a dynamique but it is a billabong too? how that works f**k nos, but it has dynamique plate in the glovebox,

Chocolate Bar™
taylor said:

billabongs higher than the dynamique, has the spec of a dynamique with silver bits from the sport and diff seats, billabong door sills etc.

I'd defo consider getting a piperx viper, i've got a sports cat and stealth system as well on mine, and have managed to get 85bhp from her, also feels much sportier and nippy/ however if i was gonna spend any money i'd get some coilover suspension and strip the back seats make sthe biggest diff of all :)

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
i was hoping to drop a bigger lump in it but not sure if its worth it,
it has got silver aroung the clocks, and doors handle (inside) and black seats, also strip above glovebox is silver, is that how it should be, i just feel i have been knocked, got it on finance so am stuck with it too,
what size alloys can i get on it with out any rubbing going on,
my bro has a 206 with 17inch wolfrace, induction kit, poerflow exhaust and is only a sport, i piss all over him,

Chocolate Bar™
seats are black? sounds a bit dodgy mate, all billabongs should have a greeny colour interior, someones obviously replaced it (not that thats necessarily a bad thing). have you got the billabong door sills, outside badges above the bump strips etc.

dont get 17's if you wanna drive your car, will knock your handling speed etc. I'd get 16's at the most. Hence why you prob piss all over the 206 lol

Turbos.
Sold my 1.216v Extreme (same as Billabong) with Turinis for £5500 to Spammy. Had about 25k on the clock i think.

Chocolate Bar™
go back mate, standard spec is a green interior. Could have all sorts of problems such as disconnected air bags, pre tensioners etc. I know there is problems with the green interior staining etc, so may be an innocent reason for this, i'd stil check however

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
will do, also brakes have started so squeek reall bad, how can i stop that, only had it weeks, ]
what size wheels would you reccomend?

Octavia VRS
ronny7787 said:
i raced a 106 1.4 quicksiler and pissed all over it

The 1.4 quicksilver has 75bhp as well iirc as it is only an 8v unit. It is also lighter than the Clio so I doubt he was trying that hard tbh mate. The 1.2 16v unit is good for what it is

Chocolate Bar™
ronny7787 said:
will do, also brakes have started so squeek reall bad, how can i stop that, only had it weeks, ]
what size wheels would you reccomend?

take it back to where you got it, should have a 3 month waranty as standard with the car.

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
yea i will do,
still i cant complain, car is sweet as anything, u used to have a gti but rit it off, so had to go down top a 1.2 for insurance reasons,
what sort of d.i.y. mods can i do to make it quicker,

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
not bad, they are quiet slow, i tried to race a 2.0ltir, i didnt know it was a 2.0 so at the lights i tried to race him, bye the time i got into 2nd he had gone, so i just held my head in shame,

Defo don't go 17s mate it will ruin your car and make it dead slow and brakes won't work quite as well, 15s is the biggest i would go (i downgraded from 16s to 15s and helped big time).

As with the quickie it does sound like he wasn't trying or somethings seriously wrong with his motor!, not gonna argue tho!

ronny7787 said:
not bad, they are quiet slow, i tried to race a 2.0ltir, i didnt know it was a 2.0 so at the lights i tried to race him, bye the time i got into 2nd he had gone, so i just held my head in shame,

tbh mate even the 1.6 would leave the 1.2 standing still.

i paid 5000 for 03 billabong with 13,000 on the clock and extra multi changer upgrade a year ago. ironically i sold it back to the same garage and they now have it up for 5,500 with atleast 30,000 and a smashed headlight.

ronny7787 said:
hm, y should he have left me behind, they only push 75bhp too dont they????

1.6 8v mk2 ph1 is 90bhp and lighter. the 1.6 16v mk2 ph2 is 110bhp, and similar weight. So they would both elave you standing. I should know have raced many a 1.2 in my 1.6 ;)

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
they must go up in value, 'this time next year ill be a millionaire' hahaha,
car garages make ma laugh

RS Megane DCi 175
106 is made from used pie tins - so weighs the same as a packet of crisps. So I'd say they'd put up quite a fight.

ronny7787 said:
i ment the 106 quicksiler, there arnt that much quicker then my clio are they?????

sorry well they weigh a shed load less so would have thort he would have beatin u off the line, unless he has big wheels or big ice install or even worse... BOTH. lol

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
surpose, it was quick, but not quickenough for the mighty clio, haha,
206's are very slow too arnt they,

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
i have just stock 15inchs, he has 106 wheels, dont know what they are and bot have got just a 12inch sub and amp,
he was quicker but i caught up, my clio goes all the way to 6500 revs b4 topping out so was just flooring it in every gear,

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive tried racing all sorts in my clio lol

beats

1.1 yaris
1.1 saxo
1.2 8v 206
1.4 8v 206
other 1.2 16v clio
1.5 deisel 106
1.4 8v 207
loses

1.4 saxo
1.4 8v 207
and everything else lol

Chocolate Bar™
mine has had a couple of proper tw@ts in VTR's - but thats mainly cause they cant drive round corners.

clio 1.2 16v (facelift)
hahaha i have had a prick in his c2 vtr, every time i see him he sits up my arse so i slow down to let him overtake, and just as he goes to he cant get round me, the when i get to the windy roads of maidstone i piss all over him