ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£3000 to spends Turbo or Bodies?

SQ5
Well, hopefully in the next few months I'm going to be getting a little bit of money and want to blow it!

It's either ITB's or Turbo.

Turbo runs on standard management which is a big pro as I'm very wary of Omex due to previous experience with it.

ITB's have more drivabilty and no lag but again, it runs on SA Management.

Turbo can then be wound up and give more boost if I was to spend a little more later on on uprated internals.

ITB's the next thing really is cams which is roughly same price for internals but the power gains area lot more for the turbo route.

Also miss the sound of a turbo spooling :( lol!

Ideas/experiences all in here please :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if it was me id be going N/A, if you want something turbo charged buy something turbo charged thats my way of looking at it, my mate bought a 200sx with a load of work for probably less than a turbo conversion on a clio and its running over 300bhp.

however thats not your question, like i said i like NA, reliable progressive power, like yourself im into standard management so id be looking at cams, and a new inlet manifold (is the AWT S2000 one out yet?) im sure with cat 428's and that manifold they were expecting around 225bhp thats cheaper than the 2 options you listed and not far off on power (if you were talking about low boost turbo kit) plus that leaves you money for a nice LSD to put all your power down :)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Put it this way, which ever route you go, you will get the bug and want more and more power :evil:

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
I'd sell up and something faster too tbh,

But if you're set on the clio, bodies.

RS Clio Trophy
Bodies dont give you much more power atall without doing other things aswell, all bodies will do on their own is dump more petrol and air through S/C all the way for me

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Bodies dont give you much more power atall without doing other things aswell, all bodies will do on their own is dump more petrol and air through S/C all the way for me

SC/Turbo is the way to go if you're after power gains.

TBH i love the look and sound that ITB's make.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Buy a faster car. End.

Or if you really want bragging rights down the pub, simply get a penis extension, then you can willy wave to your hearts content ;)

What do you actually want the extra power for? Track work, overtaking or do you simply like pouring cash down the loo & rebuilding things every other week ...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Coilovers, seats, driver tuition, some track days. Most clio's on itb's seem more hassle than they are worth. Turbo's not that much fun. Sc if you have to, more power than itb's and still driveable.

SQ5
Lol at SC opinons! wasn't even included in my OP!

Coilovers, seats, stripped, brakes all done. And I've done plenty of trackdays and had tuition lol! 9 TD's just this year ;)

Clio's on ITB's seem to be hassle due to Omex, which overall is a poor product IMHO!

I miss having a turbo'd car and the fact I don't want to get rid of the clio is because I've ploughed so much money into it I'd rather keep it and run it into the ground! I know my car inside out, buying another car that I don't know the history of is asking for trouble especially if its a £4-5k turbo'd car!

Question was for my car and what to do with opinions from people that have done it! Half the responses are clearly from people who have only read stuff and not had the work done to there car!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
build a corsa c20let as fastroad/track **** . or turbo your own 172 bodies are good but turbo's are awesome !

alien green rs133
itb's not running on omex

and i love them

the gains everywhere in the range have to be felt to be believed.

and thats before you get cams...

and not all itb's have to cost a fortune

i fitted mine for 370, that includes management, itb's and custom inlet fabrication. worth it..... ohhhh yeah baby

but if i spent 3k on itb's i would be dissapointed

Tav

Clio 197

Mate...more air and more petrol is exactly what creates more power?!?

I'd choose bodies myself. What's your beef with Omex? Was it the hardware/software or a 3rd part issue i.e mapping?

SQ5
itb's not running on omex

and i love them

the gains everywhere in the range have to be felt to be believed.

and thats before you get cams...

and not all itb's have to cost a fortune

i fitted mine for 370, that includes management, itb's and custom inlet fabrication. worth it..... ohhhh yeah baby

but if i spent 3k on itb's i would be dissapointed

Talk to me about what you've done/bought/where from

PM if need be ;) thank you :D

Standalone is not an issue. I run my car everyday, and have not had a problem with my ITB's.

For me cost was important, i had a figure i wanted to spend, and a realistic power output i wanted to achieve.

ITB's gave me the solution. I have more power, spread across more of the rev range, its the same to drive day to day, infact its probably a little easier due to slightly more torque.

I dont think i could spunk £4k in one go on a clio, i know id probably regret doing it.

200Bhp in a clio that handles really well is a weapon imo.

End ;)

SQ5
I'd choose bodies myself. What's your beef with Omex? Was it the hardware/software or a 3rd part issue i.e mapping?

I got fucked over when using Omex before as part of a badly experienced job I had done! Also its an arse to find anywhere close to me that maps it! And most people ened up going back and forward for a few months before its good!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Standalone is not an issue. I run my car everyday, and have not had a problem with my ITB's.

For me cost was important, i had a figure i wanted to spend, and a realistic power output i wanted to achieve.

ITB's gave me the solution. I have more power, spread across more of the rev range, its the same to drive day to day, infact its probably a little easier due to slightly more torque.

I dont think i could spunk £4k in one go on a clio, i know id probably regret doing it.

200Bhp in a clio that handles really well is a weapon imo.

End ;)

Yours would be an utter weapon with some awesome coilovers. How much was your itb setup?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I have rear AST's, and FK's on the front, so im definately looking to change the front to AST's at some point.

I cant disclose the price i paid, but the kit from Jamsport is about £2800 drive in drive out.
Keep the ast rear's. Don't get the ast front's. You'll understeer into france.