ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z3, in 2013 mode.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yes, the petrol pump gear knob has gone.

Keep an eye on this link: Video will be processed by tomorrow morning, it includes NOISE and the joys of last minute show prep: https://vimeo.com/68007034

8999218237_cdb8b31655_z.jpg

Zi's Z3 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

9000398204_f6cbd927f6_z.jpg

Zi's Z3. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

8999205497_676c98f11f_z.jpg

9000387068_fc92b7a5c8_z.jpg

The wheels are off of a Corvette, in case you were going to ask!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that on air?

If it's on coilovers i'm mightily impressed!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's on coilovers. It does have a front lift kit, that lifts it about 20mm. He only uses that so he can drive it on blocks, to get a jack under. Its so surprisingly nice to be in even though its low, I mean its crashy but doesnt tire you out like most low stuff. Easily sits at 120mph+, the underside is pretty much flat bar the exhaust that catches a bit.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The bench grinder was a bad idea that never worked. However, the Z3 makes a great lathe. Both for sanding rims back ready for polish, and for shaving down centre bores on spacers.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hmmm, its a brilliant looking car, I have no doubt about that, but I don't think the 'vette wheels maximise it's potential. They don't look bad, just not brilliant.

Love Zi, didn't quite realise he was that mental though. Lol.

Car looks sweet and the new gearknob is loads better.....pics needed of that.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You need a tripod bad.

I have one, but we were in a massive rush so CBA to crack it out.

Hmmm, its a brilliant looking car, I have no doubt about that, but I don't think the 'vette wheels maximise it's potential. They don't look bad, just not brilliant.

I was very skeptical about him selling his Images' and throwing these on. But the colour, along with the new US spec rear plate tub and plate really look good.

Love Zi, didn't quite realise he was that mental though. Lol.

Car looks sweet and the new gearknob is loads better.....pics needed of that.

Haha, desperate times call for desperate measures. The centre bore of the vette wheels is ever so slightly smaller, so we had to improvise. It was at about 1am on the morning of the show we then realised they rubbed on the spring.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
What exhaust is it J? I need to know.

I can have a custom quad built to go with my newly sourced //M rear bumper, but I'm unsure if I want to go branded.

That has however secured that I do need an exhaust.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
What exhaust is it J? I need to know.

I can have a custom quad built to go with my newly sourced //M rear bumper, but I'm unsure if I want to go branded.

That has however secured that I do need an exhaust.

It's a custom Longlife one. It sounded pretty good before, but he had it de-catted recently and sounds awesome.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Love this car! I nearly bought one of these purely because of this car but never went with it as I prefer to stick with what I'm familiar with which is currently clios lol.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
CBA to go back through all the pictures, everyones seen it, everyone moans. But its gone now.

There's a guy who is basically recreating Zi's car atm. He's even bought his old Image splits off him. Except he's smoothed a load of it, its going to be on hydraulics and its a 2.2i.