ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your First and Favourite (PC) Mods

Goliath I
Now I don't mean the first time you rigged your PC with a Soundblaster 16 card or installed a GFX 23000...

The one thing I love about PC gaming its unlimited possibilities with every game. Someone, somewhere, will always release a mod that extends a games life, increases its playability or just makes it that much prettier.

But what was the first ever game MOD you installed and what was your favourite, the one that made you come back to a certain game far more than you expected to.

First MOD I ever installed was a Red Alert 2 MOD which was free with a magazine (Moo Mans Rules I believe it was called?). It was awesome, units and buildings were built instantly. There was multiple new units and Special Weapons... Just when I though I was finished, it was now nowhere near over.

Favourite... Has to be the abundance of MODS that were/are available for GTR2... Tracks, Cars, Graphics, New views, Weather... loads of them, from official tracks to roads with scenery. From DTM to F1, the cars are there, even an in helmet view! The greatest racing sim just couldn't get better.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Christ knows what the first mod I ever installed was. I think the first mod I ever made, was one I made myself while fiddling with the config files on London Racer. Managed to make my car 1800090939 times faster and have huge wheels like a monster truck lol.

Best mod? Tough one really. RSRBR really opens up Richard Burns Rally, with 8 billion extra cars, so I'm going to have to say that as my favourite 'all time' mod.
1344673768+%281%29.jpg

However special mention should be given to Dragozool's HD textures mod for NFSU2, CaptainSim/IRIS/Nemeth Designs/AFSDesign for various awesome Flight Simulator X mods, and the NoGripRacing mods out there for Race07 etc.

I'm not really a fan of eye candy, I prefer technically accurate detail. For example the graphics in Race 07 are mildly crap but it gives you a great experience from the sound and the way the cars drive. LFS is actually slightly less immersive but more accurate.

Goliath I
I remember installing the Driver (game) demo. I opened up some file in notepad and there was something along the lines of Player Car:01 and I changed the number, saved it and it changed the car I drove on the Demo! lol Even had an ice cream van in there.

F82 M4
I used to do loads on CS but never really bother now. The only one I have is a small one on Dota 2.

There's a hero called Sand King and he has an ability called Sandstorm so I use this mod now -

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I used to mod gta IV loads, got some videos on YouTube I need to dog out for this thread

Not a 320d
Half Life related mods.

Then I started modding CS:S

This was by far the best

Ciio 200
GP2 Edit. Gave GP2 a good few years lifespan by allowing you to change car skins, helmets, driver details, how much power you had, pretty much anything. I remember downloading the car sets at school, putting them on floppy disks (Remember those!) to take home. Just looked, and they've made up to 2013 cars. Must resist downloading them and wasting an afternoon trying to get the game to run.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
GP2 Edit. Gave GP2 a good few years lifespan by allowing you to change car skins, helmets, driver details, how much power you had, pretty much anything. I remember downloading the car sets at school, putting them on floppy disks (Remember those!) to take home. Just looked, and they've made up to 2013 cars. Must resist downloading them and wasting an afternoon trying to get the game to run.

I remember doing that on the original!

Favourite mod was the Porsche gt3 mod for GTR2. So much fun has been had with that with all the Tracks you can get via NoGrip etc.

My first mods were probably on minecraft back in the day

I remember modding the hell out of skyrim and jumping into the dungeon with every item, even my i7 struggled to handle the amount of items in the game

GTA 4 was fun to mod, spawning in the clios and flying cars

Before PC is was mw2 on Xbox, nodded game saves and gamertags, and also nodded inheritor accounts on halo reach
Lol

Gta vice city car mods!! opened the world up for gta gaming.
None pc related but did anyone ever mod their gamesave for gran turismo 2 or 3? allowed engine swaps.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
None pc related but did anyone ever mod their gamesave for gran turismo 2 or 3? allowed engine swaps.

Had a play with that in GT5.

Half Life mods will have been my first ones I think, maps and skins for multiplayer over our LAN.

Used to download a lot for Operation Flashpoint too. Not sure on my favorite!

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404

These were my first mods too but on the Xbox not the PC. I remember loving it because I could drive my Piaggio NRG around the city lol.