ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York Videos

So you are the guy at York with the bewinged V6, that was my bro you raced, I really good quality version of the that if you want it, PS next time I might be able to have a race????????????????

TIM0712 - yeh no problem mate - i belive youve got an upgraded ecu on yours - so you wont mind if i use a little n20 will ya ??

320d M Sport

cant get them to work? im wonderin if the red car was me?? I raced a V6 and had a terrible run (think i got 15.1)

paddy it was you - p44 ddy - all 172,s were gettin terrible runs that i raced. maybe it was the wind or something - perhaps i was lucky - whhooooooo ive just found a £1 on the floor- i am a lucky person. x x

320d M Sport

think that was possibly my slowest run!?

later ran a 14.9, completely standard i might add and i only had 4/5 goes. next week ill improve on that for sure

320d M Sport

funny tho as there was only me, TimO + Bro, thats it!! So i dont know how u were "sick" of pasting us all day cos there were only 3 there and i only raced u once!

if you cant download the vids its because to many people are tryin to download em at the same time. try later 12 ICH 16V

Nah, wouldnt want you to feel disappointed when you jump back in your V6, saying that I wouldnt mind seeing my car go by tho:p

is it me are do all those quarter of a second times between the 172,s & v6 look like an arse whoopin or what. As for racin that geezer with the williams - come on man a 172 will nail a willy - what chance have you got. As for the 5 turbo i,ll say no more. the thing with the v6 is when you hit the throttle there is 100 % traction, no spinnin. Its all about gettin the power down in that 1st micro second + your reaction time as well. Suss them both out & your on to a winner. Respect to the 172 though there the best hot hatch on the road. Its those nobs in the civic type r,s we should be battlin with. fackin jap crap.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

CB1A "As for racin that geezer with the williams - come on man a 172 will nail a willy"

Dont think so mate.

i will be using nos - fack me ive just paid a grand for a kit + fittin - its now up to you to tune your cars !

Golf GTI Ed30

Good launches on them vids by the way. Big advantage over us front wheel drive boys. I thought it would of been quite interesting if we had a standard dual? But if you think you need the nos against me then so be it...

What jets have you got by the way? Tell me its not 150bhp?

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 18 May 2003

AARONC - think so - know so.
Unfortunately mate your not right in this case.

i know from experience that many willys have beaten 172s even 16vs have been glued to their bumpers up ot 115mph.

Weve had this arguement many many times on this site and we have come to the conclusion that it solely depends on the luck of which 172 you buy on the day. Some of them are good 172s and the others are bad 172s that just dont seem to make as much power even on the RR.

i have raced many 172s, willys, and spyders, and none of them have ever wasted me, far from it.

So what im trying to say is, if i can keep up with a 172 a williams should have no problems if driven properly.

The only way to settle this arguement is to call on clio owners that own BOTH cars or 16v and 172, i say the 16v because its marginally differeent in a straight line than a willy.

Now there are two owners who own both - Benr - Wongy. Both owners have said their 172 is not that much faster if at all than a 16v. Now if that s the case a willy should no way be pasted as you say. I could say heaps more but cant be bothered to discuss it as it has so many times before. I will dig up an old post for your reading somewhere in the archives.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 18 May 2003

Ive had both Williams and 172 and there is nothing in it between the two.
There we have it CB1A. Rhys has used these two cars daily and the results are as i expected.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

U mean with a 16v or Willy tuned vs a standard 172, as sheer power to weight ratio gives the 172 the advantage anyway. However when i raced a 172 there seemed nothing in it to 60mph but then the extra power took over so id expect both being basically standard that the 172 is quicker as is what is proved in the 1/4 mile times.

If you have a standard 172 against a standard willy 150 on a qtr run from a standin start with equivalent reaction times what would you put ya cash on - im not doggin willy 150,s there the dogs balls man. Its ok sayin a tuned willy will beat a 172 but what about when you start tunin a 172 ? ive driven them both as well + many more exotic renaults & personally my money would be on the 172. when you are doin a rollin start from about 65mph theres not much difference in most hot hatches - a test of absolute acceleration and bhp is the strip. Like i say it doesnt matter if you only win by an inch - its the winning that counts.

AARONC - What you on about some 172,s are good and some are bad. there all pretty much equal as they run off the factory floor - its how theyve been driven since day 1 - if you leather a car up to 10k its going to be quicker than someone who has driven it at 30mph everywere up to 10k. Thats a fact.

V TEC ABUSER - runnin 75 jets with a proggesive controller at the moment - its a dramatic & i mean dramatic difference from standard. (is a civic type r as fast as an AX GT ? )

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 18 May 2003

AARONC - What you on about some 172,s are good and some are bad. there all pretty much equal as they run off the factory floor - its how theyve been driven since day 1 - if you leather a car up to 10k its going to be quicker than someone who has driven it at 30mph everywere up to 10k. Thats a fact.
I dont think you know much about them mate. Do some research on the 172 owners here. Some were getting well low down RR figures - FACT. no way near 172.

ANd im talking i am talking about STANDARD V STANDARD

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

You obviously are very alone into thinking Renaults Quality Control is up tp scratch? So many 172s are well done on power in figures.

You must also remember figures dont seem to mean much when your on the tarmac. You just have to look at Craggys VTS which did a 14.9. Its olny a standard 1.6.

AARONC - i dont know alot about renaults ?- i work at a renault franchise as a technician - ive probably forgot more about renaults than you know !!

chill man.