ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yokohama parada tyres

172 ph1
I'm needing to replace my front tyres soon and bit undecided on what to go for but like the price on the parada tyres.

Anybody used these on a ph1 172, what's your thoughts?!

Track 172 Cup
Depends what type of driving your doing mate. Fast road/Track bit of both or just going the shops or work.

I have just got 4 x Michelin PS3 for £47 each off my tyres (I get free fitting off a mate so the delivered part is fine for me and saves a few quid) and they're very good I used them on track to driving back from the track day. Guy next to me in the car park had Prada spec 2 on his MX5 and he liked them I think a lot is personal preference too. Also think someone is selling a cheap set of the PS3 in the for sale section that have a few hundred miles on them worth a look.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Parades haven't got the best reputation tbh, wether road or track unless it's bone dry. Like stu says there's lots of opinions on tyres

Being slap bang in the middle sounds great, but the majority on CS seem to find it pointless.

Pointless on track because it's noticeably worse than a traditional track day tyre in the dry, but doesn't offer much/any better life or wet weather performance.

Pointless on the road because the wet performance & wear is massively worse than a PS3 all for the sake of being slightly faster on a hot day. But why on earth do you need to be going even quicker on a public road than what a PS3 would allow?!

Edit: curiously the Yokohama AD08 (I think), which seems to try to be the same sort of thing (fastest hot/dry road tyre that isn't a proper track day tyre), gets a lot of praise on here. Maybe the life is nearer that of a conventional premium road tyre or it's not borderline useless in the wet?

Last edited:
  172 ph1
cheers guys. I've used Goodyear f1's in the past on a Type R and I thought they were shite so decided to look about and get opinions on other options available.

PH2 172
I'm needing to replace my front tyres soon and bit undecided on what to go for but like the price on the parada tyres.

Anybody used these on a ph1 172, what's your thoughts?!

195/50v15 Uniroyal Rainsport3 Wet Grip rating A £38.
195/50v15 Yokohama PA01 spec2 Wet grip rating C £45.
Other A rated wet grip tyres in this size are Michelin PS3 £50,Conti contact 5 £48,Goodyear Efficient grip £45,Dunlop Blue Responce £45.
I went for the Rainsports last week,and they seem everybit as good as the PS3`s that they replaced.

My 195/45v16`s were £69 each,with fitting,valves & balance,

Last edited:
  Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I have the Efficient grip on my Porcshe, good; the Rainsports on my Focus daily driver are really confidence inspiring in very heavy rain at motorway speeds, the Blue Response on a friend's Saab were very favourably compared to the Hankooks previously fitted

Track 172 Cup
I use the Conti Contact 5 on my missus car for ferrying our 6 month old daughter about in and they're very good and get decent mileage (only a Nissan Qashqai so doesn't get hammered) and have used the Goodyear efficient grip on her Fiesta and they were also pretty decent (same again it didn't get hammered about). Running PS3 on my track car and they were very good at Oulton last week and hoping so again tomorrow.