ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yoko Tyres

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Hi Peeps,

Just a quickie, was wondering if anyone had tried the following tyres on their 172/182

Yokohama AVS Sport

I've had PE2's and Toyo Proxes so fancied a change.
mytyres.co.uk sell the Yoko's for £36.40 a corner
or I could go for
Eagle F1s for £34.70 a corner
Toyo Proxes T1-Rs £31.30 a corner
PE2's for £49.10 a corner

Thoughts

Cheers
Rob

I had AVS sports and really rated them as good tyres, grip in the dry was unreal and feedback seemed very positive; only quible would be they may be a little noisey on certain surfaces... They seem to be very overlooked as the A539's really dont cut the mustard IMO.

AVS and Eagle F1's will be similar but id say the F1s would be my next purchase me thinks... :)

i've had the toyos and they were a big let down any tyre grips in the dry in the wet apart from in a straightline they were crap.
i've got the avs on just now and their pretty good but having had micehlins just before it's easy for me to see they were better in the wet.
everyone rates the f1s though if it was me i'd go for the micehlins,you know for sure they'll grip wet and dry

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Cheers for the advice lads,

Have had the F1s on a previous car and I really rated them in the wet, also had Yokos but not the AVS sports and found them to wear very quickly and not be that good in the wet.

Michelins are a bit expensive but agree are the better tyre.
Will have to see how funds are in the next few months as the current Toyos are getting towards the replacement zone.

It may well have to be the F1s

Rob

H22A7 Accord Type R
el bumpo as im orderin some new boots for the van.............do i stick with the F1's or try the AVS? i hear they have some prettty stiff sidewalls! i put the steel rims back on the van today as the F1's are erm........a bit naughty on the front now lol. The van locks up all over the shop.........those steelies are comin back off asap!