ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet more bad luck arghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Yozza'd Titanium 182
So after not getting my decat pipe I paid for I managed to get to the bank and get my money back.
i found a second hand decat for 35 posted and was chuffed. It arrived and I fitted it, it's been on the car two days now.
i bought a fitting kit from northwest performance and that arrived (two bolts the washers and the two springs)

So all is well until I hear a hurrendous noise, I look underneath and the decat is completely disconected from the manifold and the bolts are gone...

ffs...

have i I not fitted it tight enough or could it be something else?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Judging by your history on this forum, i'm going with you not fitting it correctly.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I never realised anyone still used nwp. I know you've said memory isn't your strong point but can I suggest researching things even for 10 minutes.
Genuine one from Renault Wolverhampton would've been cheaper.

Anyway, did you find the picture that floats about the forum of the order everything should be in? I'm afraid I'm going with user error here too.

Audi A5
Is it not possible the parts are slightly different and they just used the same picture?

I would of thought the exhaust diameter between a 205 and a 182 would be different, so the gasket thingy would be a different size.

personally I'd get a price of a genuine kit first either way.

When you fitted the bolts, did they tighten right up or did you just do they up abit as their held under pressure from the springs? If the latter that's your problem, if the former, I'd put that down to poor quality non genuine parts.

S4 Avant
That northwest performance manifold kit is shite.

mickey mouse bolts and not the right length. Last time I had to change it, I fitted the oe kit for a 205 gti. Same fittings, but slightly less crap.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
For the avoidance of doubt- only buy the genuine renault manifold to cat fitting kit. I personally recommend Renault Wolverhampton who have their own traders section on here.

Audi A5
That northwest performance manifold kit is s**te.

mickey mouse bolts and not the right length. Last time I had to change it, I fitted the oe kit for a 205 gti. Same fittings, but slightly less crap.

So you bought a genuine peougot exhaust kit for a 205 gti to fit to your 182? Any reason why you went for that over a genuine Renault kit?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You can't see me but my head is in my hands, again.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
The part Djw is suggesting is also from northwest performance... How can it be any better and it's for a Peugeot

Odyssey 172 phase 1
Just re-assemble using nylon threaded nuts next time?

you can't use nylon threaded nuts as the heat will cause them to come loose, from previous experience, i would say get a genuine kit
and check its fitted in correct way

Last edited:
  182 ff
your in Warrington, near a Renault dealership.. maybe abit more expensive than other dealerships, but no postage charge...they can show you the way it has to be fitted..am sure when I got mine, they had locking nuts on.. for the shake of a few pound..as sj2112 said buy genuine.. going to cost you more now...

I also heard that the northwest ones ,don't fit properly .. things are cheap for a reason..
if you can wait for parts ,try west Renault on here... names Collin , he knows his stuff.. hard to find a better price....

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you genuinely this stupid?

He was stating it was cheaper and they have used the same picture..:rolleyes:

Just buy genuine.

Thank you! I was not suggesting you actually use it merely staying the above. This will be the 3rd and final time I've told you the same thing- BUY A GENUINE MANIFOLD TO CAT FITTING KIT ONLY. No cheap aftermarket ones, no ones a mate has at the bottom of his shed and nothing that is not genuine. Fuckin' ell

Audi A5
you can't use nylon threaded nuts as the heat will cause them to come loose, from previous experience, i would say get a genuine kit
and check its fitted in correct way

I don't think they get anywhere near hot enough to effect the nylon.

From my experience I'd much prefer to use a nut with the nylon bit, nuts without will come looser a lot quicker and easier due to the heat changing all the time and the vibration and no nylon to hold it in place.

Im pretty sure the standard nuts come with the nylon too.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I don't think they get anywhere near hot enough to effect the nylon.

From my experience I'd much prefer to use a nut with the nylon bit, nuts without will come looser a lot quicker and easier due to the heat changing all the time and the vibration and no nylon to hold it in place.

Im pretty sure the standard nuts come with the nylon too.

You'd be better off using another nut with them tightening against each other than using a nylon one where it's warm.

Audi A5
You'd be better off using another nut with them tightening against each other than using a nylon one where it's warm.

You could do that but I'd still prefer to use the ones that come in the kit, which I'm sure are the nylon type. Each to their own I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.