ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(Yet) Another new cupped 182 owner!

Picked up mine earlier. Well chuffed overall - especially at £11,999 otr.

All the bits were present and correct and I got there in time to stop them putting the front splitter on....but guess what...having got home I now want it on! I could be female (NOI ladies!). I have the splitter in a bag, no fitting bits

is there meant to be a fitting kit or is it just any old self tappers and washers?
Whats the significance of the four cut-outs in the splitter - to accomodate a fitting kit or miss some bits on the bumper?
Somehow - having seemingly crawled all over the car with this forums checkist (many thanks(y) ) - I managed to miss a chip on the back edge of the drivers door. :mad: Presumably theres an Inferno Red paint stick available....?

Other impressions

seems much gutsier than my 1.8 GTi Golf (and I thought that was good)
steering seems heavy just off centre ("Theyre like that"?)
I seem to be countersteering very slightly to the left (unusual in the UK) but really small potatoes stuff...better keep an eye on it though
my drivers window is NOT one-touch and the dealer denied all knowledge of it
cant seem to get cruise control working (although the limiter does)...I flick the switch on but it doesnt allow me to "Set" the cruise speed (top gear, above 60)
car seems to roll quite a bit more than Golf (which is on 10 y.o. Boge suspension). What is fail-safe way of *knowing* youve been properly cupped in the suspenders area
Cheers
[Edited by yee_har on 16 March 2005 at 5:30pm]

Lee

BMW M2C

The splitter is fitted with 8 self tappers screwed straight through it and into the bumper. The cutouts go round some existing rivit heads on the underside of the bumper.

Glad you are pleased with the new car.

Mercedes SLK350

There is a paint stick available, got mine yesterday.

Part number is 77 11 226 653 D38 Rouge Sanguine (Inferno).

£6.83 from dealer.

Confirmed correct part number by j3ned today.

Thanks guys. Paint stick on the way.

Sorted my Cruise Control issue....didnt realise you had to hit the top of the dash switch....oops....handbook isnt specifc but kicking myself anyway