ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yes i FINALLY did it!!

Arctic blue 182ff
Yep i fitted my RS Grille, but not by choice! :dapprove:

was driving in the rain monday night, after a hot day, my rear near side tyre tap a manhole cover on a corner, travelling at 25mph, the rear end started to slide out... i thought whoa fun as i started to counter-steer, but then just span out and hit a f**king wall :mad:

heres the crappy mob pics...

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

after a quick touch up....

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

Titanium 182
I'd get a new bumper mate or professionally repaired can still see the scratches !

grille looks good though, Beware oversteer in clios the rear end seems to feel really heavy and just spins round unless you catch it early. Not that i condone promoting oversteer on public roads :)

Arctic blue 182ff
i need a new headlight- because the plastic joints have snapped, cross member (i think) and bumper :(

Arctic blue 182ff
^^ lol yep, not untill i bounced off the wall then faced the wrong way round, on the otherside of the road.

so glad no one else was involved...

S4 Avant
As with most accidents, there is usually a lot more damage on the underneath, as said, cross member will need seeing to, and might be worth taking a more detailed look under the body parts

Titanium 182
yeh just wish the ride was £2... and dont have to repair it when this happens

:rasp:

I spun mine before the first month of ownership was over. You will learn from it lol.

Luckily mine only cost me £15 for a new rear light from f0xy, the Duke of staffordshire never did contact me about repairing his fence...

S4 Avant
ah, you might have got away luckily then. I spun my fiesta in the first 6 months i passed my test, and i swear i must have had angels watching over me, i mounted the curb at the only flat part, so no damage to the wheels, and hit a bollard, rather than the wall behind it, which plumits into the river derwent

Arctic blue 182ff
lol at dave, i did shhit myself when i realised i was gonna stop skidding in time... how annoying...

Glad you got it sorted. Youve managed to make it look a lot better.

But do you honestly expect anyone to believe you lost the rear of a FWD 1.2 Clio on a drain cover at 25 MPH?

320d
Unlucky mate - no exactly how you feel because i did exactly the same thing back in january, wet road, right bend, back out, hit wall. was gutted but its all good now.

Arctic blue 182ff
Glad you got it sorted. Youve managed to make it look a lot better.

But do you honestly expect anyone to believe you lost the rear of a FWD 1.2 Clio on a drain cover at 25 MPH?

after weather being 26'C + for days then a heavy rain, it doesnt take much on a little car to lose traction,

i was driving at 25mph when it started to slip, but bumped the wall on a skid out. otherwise there would be a lot more damage...

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
i've been sideways in mine before an managed to control it, but i dont have power steering, good touch up tho, you can still see the scratches as everybody says tho

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
not bad for t-cut polish then, when first looked at the pic i thought u had put a new bumper on and thought that must some touch up, lol
grill looks better than the old 1 as well