ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yellow Gunk

2000 Clio 1.2
Hi, i went outside to clean my crankshaft sensor and my throttle body today to find i have yellowy gunk on my oil cap, and also going through the hose from my throttle body to my air filter, is this anything to be worried about ? my dad said its normal but i dont think it is ? also i used to have a sports air filter on it but i took that off and put the normal one back on if that might have caused it ?

Thanks

Clio cup 172
does it look like irish cream the cause could be condensation getting into your oil or early signs of headgasket failure

ITB'd MK1
the weather recently has been extremely conducive to condensation within engines. You've probably been struggling to get over 3k rpm and barely getting warmed up.

172/1.2/E30
mayo on 1.2s is quite normal, after a longer journey it should be ok. keep an eye on coolant level, consistence of oil and smoke from the exhaust.

172/1.2/E30
no, it won´t, short journeys won´t bring engine on enough temperature to get rid of condensation which builds up in the cooler areas like oil filler cap or crankcase breather!

2000 Clio 1.2
I do a quiet a few short journeys ( 2 x 6 mile journeys), in the cold it was fine could get over 3K RPM, never done a track day, it was fine when i had a sports air filter on it and now it seems to be there when i put the original one back on, i cant describe the color other than yellowy (ill get a picture tomorrow)

The car hasent used any water since i had the water pump replaced (July 10), Head Gasket was also done about 10k miles ago, and the only smoke coming from the exhaust is clear :)

If it's as bad as this, it's HGF. If there's only a pea sized amount, it's normal.

155348_619998692714_222304875_6736510_7093869_n.jpg