ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons with no arch liners, does anyone do this??

172 cup
Hi, just put cooksport springs on my 172 overall there brilliant but I have a tiny bit of scrubbing.

my question is if I remove my arch liners are the ballasts to my Xenons going to get wet and eventually stop working.

thanks

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Scrubbing on Cooksports?

Something must be wrong there.

I may be wrong, but my PH1 was on FK coilovers and I never, ever had a single bit of rubbing, even on full lock etc.

Additionally.. The ballasts certainly won't react well to water. Best to keep them protected IMO.

172 cup
Scrubbing on Cooksports?

Something must be wrong there.

I may be wrong, but my PH1 was on FK coilovers and I never, ever had a single bit of rubbing, even on full lock etc.

Additionally.. The ballasts certainly won't react well to water. Best to keep them protected IMO.

Thanks nickson I did think cooksports shouldn't take a look at the picture in the link below, I thing top mounts are worn?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?732792-Urgent-help-please

Cup In bits
Cups have more caster than ph1's so they will rub more. I ran my track car with no arch liners and xenons with no problems, in behind the bumper does get quite dirty though.

Let it rub through the arch liner for a few days and makes its own hole and the noise will most likely go away, it did with my sportlines.

172 cup
Cups have more caster than ph1's so they will rub more. I ran my track car with no arch liners and xenons with no problems, in behind the bumper does get quite dirty though.

Let it rub through the arch liner for a few days and makes its own hole and the noise will most likely go away, it did with my sportlines.

was thinking this just sounds horrible, I'll see how it goes over the week

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I wouldn't. On the 182 is causes problems with flickering lights when they got a bit damp.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have just bought wheel arch liners as I'm worried i will have issues with water due to mine all being burst and snapped.

182 FF RB ;)
I have removed the liners in my Clio, the ballasts only lasted about 8 months when affected by weather... Suppose that they were cheep and cheerful replacements. On my third Set now, will see how long these ones last now :)

impreza wagon S2000
make sure the bump stops were replaced when the springs were installed, should be no rubbing with Cooksports on a Cup chassis; mine was fine on 16s and 15s and it gets the crap beaten out of it. Bear in mind arch liners protect the belts on the n/s too...