ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon problem- passenger side.

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
As per above- pointing downwards.. is this probably a problem with the infamous fragile adjuster in the headlamp that I've heard about? Is it a relatively easy fix if so or is there an outside chance it's one of the level sensors- either front or Back?
Cheers.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If it is the adjuster inside the headlight you'll be able to move the insides around with ease.

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
To set it back to a kinda normal height or to replace the wee adjuster that's the weak part?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The small plug-in adjusters break quite easily.
It could also be the sensor on the rear beam.

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Would that not knock both out? Only one side affected. Think it'll be a bumper off, light off kinda fix anyway. Bumper is pretty easy to get off from what I've read on here at least!

Clio 182 2005
Noticed my passenger side was knocked off after Cambelt change, its quite close to the air intake and its easy to knock when removing the pipe from the we acoustic valve.

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Funnily enough my air filter just above it and some kind of adjuster or motor? at the back had popped out. Pushed it back in but doesn't seem to have sorted it..

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Funnily enough my air filter just above it and some kind of adjuster or motor? at the back had popped out. Pushed it back in but doesn't seem to have sorted it..
That motor has a arm with a ball on the end which fits into a slot on the headlamp. It's the auto level adjuster. The ball won't just push back in, it needs sliding in from the open end of the slot. If you take the light out you'll see what I mean.
If that doesn't fix it the usual broken adjuster can be swapped with pulling the headlamp apart. Search for the guide as I added some info in there.

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
That motor has a arm with a ball on the end which fits into a slot on the headlamp. It's the auto level adjuster. The ball won't just push back in, it needs sliding in from the open end of the slot. If you take the light out you'll see what I mean.
If that doesn't fix it the usual broken adjuster can be swapped with pulling the headlamp apart. Search for the guide as I added some info in there.
Cheers mate. I've seen said guide and when I can get time to get the bumper off will be doing it properly! Ta.