ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon help please

b/g 182, meg tourer
just went to put some sidelight bulbs in for my mot as i run no sidelight bulbs, and when i was doing the passanger side i noticed the part inside the light casing (that holds the bulbs) was moving when i touched it! i could rock it backwards and forwards. the drivers side was not like this, it was solid. i think this will need sorting out before my mot. any ideas what it could be? as you look at the headlights its the chrome part inside the light that moves, not the grey part.

help much appriciated.
luke

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's your adjuster possibly mate, check and make sure it's clicked into the white bit inside the light.

Get your adjuster while it's in the light and turn it one way so it comes out slightly, if it comes out all the way them it needs clipped back in.

b/g 182, meg tourer
it seems to be clicked in ok. i couldnt pull it out all the way.
i have just wound in the white allan key adjuster, its stopped the wobbling but i have a feeling the light will be shining too high now. the chrome part of the light is pretty much touching the grey part.

b/g 182, meg tourer
after adjusting the little white allen key screw to stop the inner light rattling (which worked), i took the car out for a drive in the dark olast night and as i thought, the light is now shining upwards quite a lot. any help with this guys? got mot coming up very soon and i have a feeling it could fail.