ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon headlight, changed but not working (ph2 172)

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Hi guys

so recently my drivers side xenon headlight started to flicker then went out, so after having a look the bulb had blown , replaced bulb, still nothing, replaced ballast and still nothing, then swapped bulb and ballast for a friends who's definitely works, still nothing, sidelights indicators all still work, so is the anything else further up the system causing this?

It seemed to be moisture causing the first blow (rubber cap had come off and let water in) have also checked the fuses and they are ok
okay help or ideas appreciated!

1.2, 172 Cup soon
I put brand new headlights in and my hid kit in yesterday and on my drivers side none of the bulbs or ballasts were working then I used my fog ballast and it worked, but when I tried both on the other light and they worked first time both fine! It's weird they play up so much, but you checked all the wiring to see if anythings come loose or rotted?

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Everything seem connected, any body else had this? Saw someone mention something about 'resetting the system' don't no what system they meant?

Clio 1.2
as above there's two I think your foglights and headlights listen for a slight clicking sound when the lights are turned on or put your hand on it to see if you can feel the click from the relay being turned on,

Clio 172
Thanks, in my case, I found that if I turned auto lights on, the headlight work fine. But if I'd like to use manual control, its almost not working. In this case, which part should I check? Thanks.