ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Headlight Adjusters

182 Trophy
In the process of fitting some Xenon headlights to the Trophy but I cannot seem to remove to old headlight adjuster from the old non xenon set to transfer them over to the new Xenon pair so the connections from the car fit the back on units. Any ideas on how these remove as I really don't want to be snapping something?????

Thanks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
The xenons have verticle and horizontal adjustment. Ive done this recently - transferred the white plastic adjusters from a working light to a broken one.
What yo have to do first is get the ball bit out of the socket. To do this you need to get a bit of oil around the ball - use a something like a cocktail stick - i use olive oil as i couldnt be bothered finding 4in1 oil - it doesnt matter. you then need to get the ball out of the socket. I used a small micro screwdriver - flat blade to gently start to pry the socket open a little. you then need to push down on the socket to get the ball to pop out.

Then to get the adjuster out you need to start unwinding the screw adjuster till the white plastic piece is loose. catch it with some plyers.

EDIT... .sorry re read your post. ... Ahh I get you, there are 4 or 5 little catches around the adjuster casing that come off. you can then pop that casing onto the xenon light so the connector fits. Im not 100% sure but the trophy doesnt have the level sensor on the rear beam so wont make a difference.

182 Trophy
I had to the same. Just swop the back part of the adjusters over. Undo the 4 or 5 catches and lift it off. It's a straight swop.