ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 Racing Wheel

Hi Chaps,

Which racing wheel should I be getting these days for the Xbox 360? I'll more than likely only use it to play Test Drive Unlimited if that helps :)

Lee

BMW M2C
You're very limited on choice.

I've got the 360 wheel, as well as the Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel. At first I loved the Fanatec, but it's actually not as nice to game with as the MS wheel. The MS wheel is let down by build quality and the worlds worst pedals though, but it does feel better and more direct.

The Turbo S has the Clubsport pedals, which are truly amazing and have awesome build quality. The wheel itself isn't so hot and the retention mechanism isn't ideal for some desks.

I didn't bother playing TDU with a wheel, but Forza 2 and 3 and DiRT2 are way better with the wheel, if not always quicker for some people.

The MS wheel I use at work gets used day in day out and has racked up some serious use, but it's still going strong. For the money they're not bad. It's just a shame there's the likes of the G27 for PC/PS3, which succeeds in making the MS wheel feel like a cheap toy.

Lee

BMW M2C
For the money it's more than up to the job. Plus it feels great with the forthcoming amazing racing game Formula 1 2010. hehe Playing Formula 1 on the Porsche wheel feels too road car like.

I leave mine on the wheel stand and hide it under the stairs.