ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

www.danfreemanphotography - version 3!

Yep.....another site change!

http://www.danfreemanphotography.com/

Really happy with this one so far, nice and simple is my philosophy, so I hope you think it sticks to that.

I've only done the major nuts and bolts, but all the content is there (apart from two galleries). All the blog entries are there, but I have to upload some post header images, but I'll do that Thursday.

Feedback would be great! Any bugs etc....

Fiat Panda 100hp
Looks very good, very simple and focuses on whats important. I like the look of that Anan theme, cheap too.

It's lovely at 27" (So yeah, Steve likes it)

Top marks for that not being Flash, too.

I do think you have too many sections of your portfolio though. I think it would be better to have them all together.

DCi 100
Looks great, as you said simple is best as IMO you want people to be drawn to the content (images) more than the actual website itself. The full page pictures definately compliment this well! But I don't like scrolling across through tons and tons of images. If you just have a screens width worth (say 8?) examples of for each category it might look abit less cluttered while viewing pics IMO.

Lucky c**t being able to get around the world so much!

It's lovely at 27" (So yeah, Steve likes it)

Top marks for that not being Flash, too.

I do think you have too many sections of your portfolio though. I think it would be better to have them all together.

Thanks for the CC.

I've still got two more galleries to add. If I had them all together, you would have to load loads of thumbnails and images. I quite like having them separate, partly because of convenience when browsing - but also because you can choose exactly what you want to look at.

Does it work well on a mobile Steve device? ;)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
errrrr....I wouldn't know lol. Not that good with web design stuff. Why would it work for me? (IE9)

IE9 supports html5 ie8 and lower dont that could be why other people using IE cant view your site

looks good in firefox though

Ok, well I don't know what I can do about the IE issue, apart from wonder why you're still using it?!?

Thanks for the positive comments. I hopefully won't change this one for a while!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Black screen here with your name on it :(

Is that your entry for the April competition maybe? :clown:

Google Chrome is all good! Your work is fantastic Shadowness, I browsed your old site as well and I would love to take pictures like that :cool:

Thanks for the comments. Just got to Mallory Park with Burpspeed team, so will make a few adjustments later tonight.
Yes, Wordpress is ace! Cheap theme too!

koi

Audi S1
Looks very nice but the galleries take a while to load up for me and that's with a 30mb connection.

A few errors in the about page I noticed
* I first became interested in photography in early 2–5
* new line after for the paragraph starting I hope to gain

Thanks Koi, I wrote that section pretty quick. I'll tidy it up later.
I was worried about loading times. The trouble with larger res images is they're bigger in file size.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I tried it in the Apple store today LOL on an iPad 2! Left your gallery open on 2 iPads!

Looked stunning LOL

Looks great. I'm currently using lightbox on some of my work/portfolio as well.

Works spot on in Chrome on 7. Only qualm I have is that its possibly a bit daunting being 100% browser size. Just my 2pence though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd personally bring the image size down a little, as IMO it's not really to have them THAT big (you'd be better off with a "click for full RES version" button somewhere. You can still appreciate they're amazing images when they're smaller.

I'm on 40mb here and it's not as quick as I'd like.

14' Leon Cupra 280
I was going to buy this theme from ThemeForest, but was too slow for my liking. Once they do more fixes and speed it up, i'll be buying it too :)