ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF, are you MAD!? Insurance costs for a 30yr old.

my first year was £1050 on the 1.2, and my second year (this year) is £450.. i honestly have NO idea how insurance work out their rates, they literally just pull them out of a hat -.-

enjoy it while it lasts... they are supposed to be raising womens prices soon :/

my first year was circa 2400, second year was circa 3000, third year circa 3250, and the last 5 months were circa 1200 :S

confused the sh*te out of me, but kept putting it down to mods...

this year £848.50 with all mods declared and all future mods free! :D (not counting performance mods that would take the car over 150bhp FLOL!)

so I start this year with 4 years No Claims Bonus, and a clean licence (not had any points) :approve:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I've just had a quote on confused.com and I'm getting results of around £700+ to insure an unmodified £800 Ph1 172 and as a 30yr old male, with 6yrs NCB, doing less than 2000 miles per year and for social/domestic use only, that's mental!
WTF is that all about, why on earth is insurance SO high on such a cheap runabout? I understand my Slough postcode doesn't help, but £700 is full on crazy considering my age and NCB:mad:
Anyone know a dirt cheap insurance company?

Try upping your miles limit. My bro had to raise his mid policy expecting a cost but got a rebate instead.

A grey one
Insurance companies just take a guess at how much they should charge i swear, its bizarre.
They raised womens prices on the 21st December, i renewed my year policy on the 1st December! so i wont be affected for this years, but by the time i renew, i'll have 2 years no claims so it probably wont go up, just be around the same price :)

Insurance companies just take a guess at how much they should charge i swear, its bizarre.
They raised womens prices on the 21st December, i renewed my year policy on the 1st December! so i wont be affected for this years, but by the time i renew, i'll have 2 years no claims so it probably wont go up, just be around the same price :)

fingers crossed for you and all women out there!

they reckon they were going to match it to blokes rates, hello 2k increase for women driving clios lol!

S4 Avant
The clio would have been £700 this year, which isn't too bad at 24.

The Audi is £800 for the year. But more than makes up for the £100 increase, being able to shift peasants out the way on motorways.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
just got my renwal from flux, more than last year! lol... cue a nice call to them monday.

Flux are in dreamland this year Naith! £1660 for the trophy the Girl on the phone reckoned thats £300 more than the 200 and now I'm 25 with 4yrs NCB

neil@greenlight ran a rough quote for me comes back at £395!

Monaco 172
Bradford post code is a killer, my first quote was £5000 lol, and having been with the company 4-5 years with full NCB I thought that was disgraceful. Cheapest possible quote I could get at the time was £1200 from some obscure foreign insurer. So I ended up on my bosses traders policy and have been ever since :cool:. Absolutely ridiculous how much the insurers charge these days.

Ford Mustang 5.0
The clio would have been £700 this year, which isn't too bad at 24.

The Audi is £800 for the year. But more than makes up for the £100 increase, being able to shift peasants out the way on motorways.

Dave

I could have a look for you at the insurance mate, we are really competitive on Cliosport models so hopefully we could organise you a good deal...If you have two cars we can offer a discounted policy on both as well.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

Ford Mustang 5.0
just got my renwal from flux, more than last year! lol... cue a nice call to them monday.

Feel free to get in touch mate could definately help you with a quote. We are really competitive on Cliosport models and can cater for all types of modifications.

We can even offer Track Day cover frm £45 per event.

If you wanted to drop me a PM with your contact details or call me at the office on 01277 376000 id happily run a quote through for you personally.

Neil
Greenlight

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Locations make such a big difference. Last year I was helping my mate out with his insurance for his first car. (At 22).
He's only got a 1.4 corsa.
To insure it where he used to live with his parents in a lovely village was only going to cost £800.
But 5mins down the road where he used to live. Where an area 2 mins down the road is a bit rough. The insurance company added another £1000 to the premium.
Crazy.

I live in said lovely village. I pay £560 fully comp on my ph1 172. All mods declared

Transit & Death trap
Locations make such a big difference. Last year I was helping my mate out with his insurance for his first car. (At 22).
He's only got a 1.4 corsa.
To insure it where he used to live with his parents in a lovely village was only going to cost £800.
But 5mins down the road where he used to live. Where an area 2 mins down the road is a bit rough. The insurance company added another £1000 to the premium.
Crazy.

I live in said lovely village. I pay £560 fully comp on my ph1 172. All mods declared

I had a similar experience, we lived in a little village out in Thatcham, Newbury and was paying £240 fully comp on an astra 2l sport, had to move back to my parents in Hillingdon for a while and it went up to £550!
Needless to say, I took the car off the road and ended up breaking it for spares, as a 100% increase was way too much for what the car was.

FF Clio 182
I live in a little town in the Cotswolds first company I went to was Swinton, my dad has been with them for about 20 years so thought they might give me a good price. Oh how wrong I was! 20 years old to insure a 1.2 they wanted £2500! I walked out fairly quickly. Got my insurance £1100 paid out right because paid monthly they wanted £2400. I don't get how they can double the policy cost if paying monthly! So wrong it should be illegal

Transit & Death trap
Got my insurance £1100 paid out right because paid monthly they wanted £2400. I don't get how they can double the policy cost if paying monthly! So wrong it should be illegal

It's deemed a form of finance I suppose, I totally agree though.
The additional it adds is very high, I remember when it would only add a small amount to your policy overall when making instalments, now it's like 50 - 60% on top :eek:.

FF Clio 182
It's deemed a form of finance I suppose, I totally agree though.
The additional it adds is very high, I remember when it would only add a small amount to your policy overall when making instalments, now it's like 50 - 60% on top :eek:.

Yh currently policy was £700 or £2400 paid monthly :/