ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance costs on a 182

clio 182
Hi just got my renewal through on the 182 paid £800 last year now they are wanting just over £1000.

i am 24 7 years driving 7years NCB and a clean licence currently insured with privilege!!

why is this so much to insure!

Storm Grey 200
Seems awfully high, I'm 25 with 4 year NCB and clean licence/no claims.

Currently pay 420£ on my 182.

What mods you running?

Black Sheep
Privilege, is for old coffin dodgers is it not?

No wonder its high, must have sneaked through the system lol.

Have to wait for a moderator. Probably won't get many replies unless it's in the aptly named Insurance forum.

For a start, go on their website and get a quote as if you're a new customer. It seems some insurance companies are simply trying it on big time (this was on Watchdog a while back) and sending people massively inflated renewals and just hoping they cba to check and just pay.

My renewal through the post was nearly £1600. Did a quote online as if I were a new customer and it was £800 something. Carbon copy r.e. my details etc. Phoned up to complain/buy the cheaper quote and they matched their own quote giving no reason for the renewal letter being so high.

Could save even more if you switch (or even just threaten to switch). Admiral/Elephant/Sky seem to be the cheapest at the moment for standard cars. Brentacre for heavily modified.

clio 182
I will have tried on comparison site there all coming back at like 900 to a 1000

It getting silly now isn't insurance ment to go down as you get older and more ncb you earn

Black Sheep
I take that comment back. With modifications £483.00 with elephant. Standard £358 with privilege. £324 with Quote me happy. 25, 4 ncb, no points

If thats the savings I will take the 25mm springs out!!

Black Sheep
I put £500 excess I always do the maximum excess. Maybe loads of builders crash clio sports?

Something strange going on, must be annoying.

clio 182
I put £500 excess I always do the maximum excess. Maybe loads of builders crash clio sports?

Something strange going on, must be annoying.

Yes maybe they do

Yes very annoying thinking of selling can't justify the insurance costs

Comparison sites take commision. Sometimes a LOT.

Yes, they're useful for gauging who is cheap and who isn't, but try going direct with the cheaper companies.