ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would you class

40k on a 03 plate as really high, my girl travels 20 miles to and from work everyday and is racking up the milage, everything else on the car is perfect but im worried that when we come to sell it that the milage is going to really drag down the price of it!!!!

Thats about average mate, so dont worry about it.
The mileage wont drag the value down much doing 13k a year, which is what i think yours averages at if ive calculated it right. Its at 40,000 now, which is a low number of miles in itself

thats ok then, it just got me thinking because ive seen lots of people on here with the same year or older, but with only like 25k on the clock!!!!

cheers folks!!!!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
40 miles a day? 200 miles a week? Pah!

That's average like others say.

My 53 plate 172 has 37k miles.

40k is nothing my cars on 78k or so on a 52 plate.

20 miles a day isn't to bad depends what traffic/road are like I do about 25 miles each way.

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
I do 25K min a year (not a travelling salesman tho)! Answer is to buy low for year milage cars and sell when around average. Average is about 12K a yr now I think.

172 cup
dont worry about it, i bought my 53 plate with 17k on the clocks, it seems to have depriciated by a grand in the last 3 months,
s**t happens, especially with french cars

just noticed its a sensible car, it shouldnt be a problem

Clio 172 mk2
Like Jiminy says...these cars depreciate a lot anyway so I wouldn't worry about the mileage too much.

yea but see what else he has a gsx-r now f**k the clio and just drive that all year round so much fun
when i was 17 my dad said i couldnt do my bike test , biggest regret in my life

BMW Z4 3.0i
IMO if a you're buying a 3 year old 172 and it's only done 15k or something, how do you think it's going to have been driven? It's going to have been ragged the f**k out of at weekends. So there's pluses and minuses to high and low miles.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
IMO if a you're buying a 3 year old 172 and it's only done 15k or something, how do you think it's going to have been driven? It's going to have been ragged the f**k out of at weekends. So there's pluses and minuses to high and low miles.

It doesn't always follow that a low mileage car will have been ragged at weekends. I have an 03 reg 1.6 and she has just clocked up 15.5k. She has never been ragged, infact she has been severely babied. I guess it just depends on the driver.

40k on an 03 is absolutely nothing to worry about at all.

172 mk2 Iceberg
seems about right..... for the year

No point in having a car and not using it
wont be worth that much more when you come to sell

Just if there a choice the lower miles might sway it