ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would these products be worth it?

1.5dci
Thinking about cleaning the car at the weekend, running low on shampoo, SRP and getting low on wax.
Was looking on Halfords website with their bogof, seen people say about the Autoglym HD wax which is a bit pricy but then saw the massive Autoglym Car Cleaning Wash Kit Gift Pack http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_166211_langId_-1_categoryId_165671

which i could get the wax free with, but is the stuff in the gift pack worth it,

currently got: the autoglym shampoo, SRP, some clay, some awful wheel cleaner i don't use anymore, turtlewax nano tech wax stuff, would the pack be a good upgrade from that/ accompany and replace the bits i'm running out on or is there any better stuff i could get for £45

Megane R26
Not really, I only rate the SRP and Glass Polish, with the shampoo being okay too.

You can get HD Wax for £20 or so anyway if you look about...

BMW E46 330i Touring
There's better wax and much better shampoo out there. The kit as a whole is pretty good for £45, but if you only need the three items you've mentioned, I'd get online and get better products for a similar total price.

1.5dci
ah kwl, i'll see what i'm up to over the weekend and how much impulse i have to clean the car over waiting for ordering online and getting delivery. Might be interesting to try a few other different bits out

Also am I right in thinking you can put the synthetic type polishing wax layered with real wax stuff? thought i heard it somewhere before, if so which order, as i probs have almost a cars worth of the nano tech stuff left, just not sure on the exact amount

I used the HD wax today. First time I had waxed (and also clayed). Very pleased with the results. Will put some pictures up tomorrow. You get plenty and found it a decent kit to start with for a novice.

1.5dci
Got bored on Saturday and either was going to the american candy shop to buy tons of sweets and Mountain Dew, or Halfords to get cleaning stuff, so i took the healthier option and got tons of Auto-glym stuff spent near on 6 hours cleaning and it's look nice, took some photos so will try and post them or something, I'm happy although i also don't really know what to compare it with, although it shows up more of the chips and scratches now... and auto-glym paint restorer seems rubbish, and couldn't find my meg scratch x stuff

1.5dci
The HD-wax and the 10 piece bagged gift pack, didn't really want another tub of wax and the kit seems handy, it's a nice storage bag, as duplicates for the stuff i like and could try out other bits of the kit that i haven't used before too, tried the glass polish and that seemed good, haven't tried the wheel cleaner as i really need to get them re-sprayed and didn't want to spray it all over the already corroding parts! Also seemed the most economical way of not loosing too much money by going for something with less value as you'd need to pay for the highest

Also all the bits from it I really don't want i'll give to my bro for his Bday as they are all seperatly sealed and don't look like part of a pack, although he'll need some help, he's only ever used a pressure washer and washing-up liquid :-s

So what was in the pack?

Quick note. Don't use AG Cleans Wheels when you have your wheels refurbed. They'll go cloudy and dull in weeks (acidic cleaner :dead:).

1.5dci
ah kwl, good to remember, maybe I'll give it to my dad to try... our 4x4 has the worst alloys i've ever seen, and my dad's tried every product under the sun to clean them, so it couldn't make it any worse, and it'll look like i'm trying to help!

the pack had :
a really nice bag, 9 storage compartments for bottles to hold upright inside with a flap on the front to store cloths and stuff
a really lame sponge that i'm gonna cut and put under the sunroof to stop it creaking
some polishing cloths, which were ok, but not very durable will be back to microfibres next time, can shove them in the washing machine afterwards!)
500ml bottle of shampoo conditioner stuff (kept as spare, but i like it)
standard bottle of SRP (ran out on saturday, so saves buying)
bottle of Pain renovator (wasn't great on actual body work, but managed to get the black scrapes some ones wing mirror left on mine a while back that hadn't wanted to budge in washing)
Intensive tar remover, (was surprised this worked really well, thought i'd need to clay again to get some spots off, but wiped straight off)
Glass polish, (did a nice job left really clear, perfect once i'd put a layer of wax on afterwards too!)
Bumper care, (again will keep as a spare, as half way through the bottle i have, but does a good job)
clean wheels (didn't use and will probs give away after reading the comment above :))
Screen wash concentrate, makes 20 liters or something which will be handy as i've still been using winter stuff as i hadn't bothered getting anything else, need ot run out first though)

Also had a little booklet of about car washing which as well as being a massive advertising publication for them had some really useful tips in that i'd never thought about before, like putting bumper care on whilst the polish is one so when it drips/gets on the paint work it sits on the polish and wipes off with it!

Anyways if i put the wax at £20 it meant the whole kit was £25 which wasn't too bad and the case should tidy everything up quite nicely, will take a picture when i get home

Hmmm, about 50% of that I wouldn't buy, but there we go. SRP, Glass Polish, Bumper Care and ITR are good though.