ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worst insurance quote ?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
looked at how much it would be for me to get insured on my dads audi today....£16,000 if paid in one sum. dont think ill be doing that in a rush....
whats the worst insurance quote anyones got?

10,000 for a 182 and then linea directa (direct line) wouldnt quote my mate on a 1.4 106 sport at 18 lol.

Iceberg 172
That beats mine! I remember when the Fiesta ST came out. I was all over it!!!

Went to my local Ford dealer, test drove one, loved it. I had a decent sized deposit and had the rest agreed on finance.

Got home all excited and the insurance quotes ranged from £6000 to a smudge over £10000!!!!

I was only 18 though, decided finance wasn't a good idea so got an Ibiza Cupra with the cash I had and paid £2000 to insure it!

Baring in mind that was 5 years ago, insurance has gone up so much recently! Cheapest quote for my mates little brother on a 1.2 Clio is £4000!!!! I nearly collapsed!!!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
thats steap aint it?
its a 2010 a6 s-line 2.7l thing, i knew it would be horrendous price for me to get insured on but that was ridiculous.
my mate got quoted £4500 on a bike the otherweek aswell

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not worst, but most upsetting.

When I was 19 last year I was getting quotes on 350Z's online for around £2k, now i'm nearly 21 I cant get below £3k.

The idea of waiting was to save money ffs :(

Megane 225 F1
That beats mine! I remember when the Fiesta ST came out. I was all over it!!!

Went to my local Ford dealer, test drove one, loved it. I had a decent sized deposit and had the rest agreed on finance.

Got home all excited and the insurance quotes ranged from £6000 to a smudge over £10000!!!!

I was only 18 though, decided finance wasn't a good idea so got an Ibiza Cupra with the cash I had and paid £2000 to insure it!

Baring in mind that was 5 years ago, insurance has gone up so much recently! Cheapest quote for my mates little brother on a 1.2 Clio is £4000!!!! I nearly collapsed!!!

You bought a car without checking insurance first?

CLIO 172 CUP....
the first quote iv got for my cup was 3k a year....

then done an other quote and got it for £800 a year....:approve:...

also... kaneryantipping...i see your only 18 so you are still a little nippa....HA HA HA...

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
My friend got a quote for £100 000 for his M5 wen he was 22, they asked him did he want to go ahead with it!!!!

Phase 1 Clio 172
my insurance renewal has just gone from £150 quid a month to £320 a month TPFT on my phase 1 clio sport im 26 3 years NCB and 6 points
however my postcode has just been declared the second highest in the country for insurance claims as i have a ethnic majority in my town

cheapest i have got them down to is £190 a month :(
so im sellin the clio and getting a BMW 323 for £1200 quid a year fully comp :)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
that aint bad for a 3 series. was looking at getting a 2litre one, like 03 or something, but cant afford insurance. gonna stick with my little clio till i can afford insurance on a 182 or something :)

Phase 1 Clio 172
that aint bad for a 3 series. was looking at getting a 2litre one, like 03 or something, but cant afford insurance. gonna stick with my little clio till i can afford insurance on a 182 or something :)
yeh i was supprised the 318's are only inurance group 11 which is less than my golf TDI

the 323 is 15

but im lookin at e46 shapes you can pick up the saloons on 90k for around 2 grand so might as well make the change as i will be saving the cash on insurance and tax is 30 quid less than the clio to

Iceberg 172
A ph1 and an e46 are completely different cars!! One will keep you smiling and the other will send you to sleep!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
was always planning on getting an oldish 3 series or an A3. but iv fell in love with clios, so think ill be sticking with them for a while

CLIO 172 CUP....
bmw 330 coupe sport.....nice..:approve:...

but clio 172 cup even makes you small even more..:approve::approve::approve:......

Phase 1 Clio 172
yeh i know there two different cars and that's the thing that's bothering me and holding me back at the moment

the 323 has 0-60 of 8 so aint to slow but still not as good as the Clio mind you and wont be as good as the clio for handling

but if im saving 800 a year on insurance then it might be worth swapping cars

MK3 GTI golf 16v
you driven the 323 ? only option is compare how they both drive, what do you like more out of the two. and then if you prefer the clio, do you wanna save 800 or have more fun :)

CLIO 172 CUP....
iv had a e46 2.0lt turbo for about two years. and have to say it would never beat the cup buy far.....

Stripped yozza'd cup
I got a quote on comparethemarket for my 172.... £6950. So I asked direct line, £790.

I'd rather they just didn't quote.

My renewal quote from Bell direct, £720 last year, i've just gained another years NCB and they've quoted me £849, great...

Insurance going up is a pisstake, more phoning round to do

That and i want a sport now... a lottt of phoning to do...... or no sport

197 Albi Blue
Aviva quoted around the 8k mark for me on the 197, went to admiral who quoted £1600 and then the nice guy on the phone said he used to be on ClioSport and said give him 10mins and he would phone me back. 10mins later he phoned back had spoke to his manager and they had got it down to £1300 by changing a few things and pulling a few strings :)

Giulietta 940
I had a look at Endsleigh yesterday. It came up with £600 which I was pretty chuffed with. Then I realised that was the price per month... :dapprove:

I'm freakin' 25 next week! Stupid insurance...

Iceberg 172
Insurance going up is just life. We were in the middle of a recession and we've had 3 bouts of snow. It's cost insurance companies fortunes. So to recoup some money they have to charge more.

I'll try to find the report but it stated car insurance as the lowest profitable sector within the insurance industry. So you're insurance premium going up is due to other people claiming.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
30k for my megane LOL

just got my insurance on the abarth for 1200 full comp with mods

hiiiiaoooooooo

"Navy" N17 TWO
Go Compare online quote for me this year was from £790 - £7922

I'm 27 with 8yrs NCB! lol :clown:

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I was quoted £3500 for insurance with post office so i printed it off and kept it.

When i went to tax the car they asked me if i had considered their insurance at the post office and then i handed in the printout i had for their quote and insurance policy which i had for £800 and laughed.

You can buy a BMW where the insurance will be lower but
think about how much more petrol you need more

The worst quote ive had was just over £90,000 for my old 1.2 Clio

The most ive paid on insurance was this year for my 172, cost me £1170 fully comp (im 21 with 1years ncb at the time, will be 2 yrs soon).

The least ive paid was on my first car (1.2 mk2 Fiat Punto) cost me just over £500 :(

The brand new 200 will cost me £900-ish, im hoping to get it a little bit less due to the extra years no claims.