ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worrying 172!!!!

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
Does any one on here own a red 172 parked in a premier inn car park in Warrington tonight? If so the strangest thing happened! (Pm me if you think it is your car and I will confirm it with the reg but didnt want to post it on here)

I parked a few bays away from your car, got out of mine, pushed the button to lock my car and just as I did it, my car locked but at the same time there was an beeping noise. Pushed it again, unlocked my car and the same beeping noise again. Had a look round and it turns out that every time i pushed my key your car also locked / unlocked....This is obviously very very worrying and something that one of us needs to have a look in to lol!

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
the temptation to take it for a spin up to m6 was there but then my morals kicked in lol

stunning car but thats begs the question as to what the hell renaults key programing is!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Would it not have been a good idea to speak to the receptionist at Premier Inn and ask if they can contact the owner. I'm sure you have to give your car Reg if your staying with them.

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
Would it not have been a good idea to speak to the receptionist at Premier Inn and ask if they can contact the owner. I'm sure you have to give your car Reg if your staying with them.

Probably now I think about it but I was in a rush so was only a flying visit!

Monaco RS Clio 172
no idea how they managed to repeat key fob combinations

a simple database would have resolved that if they are random, and I'm sure they have heard of supporting hugeint's in their data types used to store the codes