ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wont start injectors

Clio 172 PH2
Hi guys, at my wits end here wondering what the feck is going on! 😧. Car had been on running great for last 300 miles or so then on the motorway a few days it started running on 3 cylinder flashing CEL light pointed. Read codes and pointed to cylinder 4 injector circuit and single misfire (cylinder not specified). It disappeared then ran fine then started running on 3 cylinders and has done since even when starting up and running about. I replaced the fuel rail and injectors with a second hand rail and injectors, it now tries to crank but refuses to start 😧, swapped back over to the old rail and injectors and same again.Took the rail out and noticed all 4 injectors are spraying, then took the coilpacks and testing 1 by 1 and they all sparking (plugs were wet), i don't think its an immobiliser issue either.

I'll try cranking for a bit and will hear a loud pop - un-burnt fuel igniting?

Any ideas?

Clio 172 PH2
Maybe, i unplugged it but not sure why it would suddenly go from running on 3 cylinders to not starting?

RB 182 FF
Could be completely different issues and bad luck... Cranking and not starting is normally either TDC sensor or dodgey aftermarket injectors from what I've seen... try cleaning the sensor and see what happens...:up:

Clio 172 PH2
TDC is under the throttle body right? you mean actually unscrew and clean the end and electrical end.

Why did i get a french car I've been used to Hondas lol! :D

RB 182 FF
You'll have many niggles with these cars but they are still great.... More soul than Honda's... :tongueout::up:

RB 182 FF
The other thing I've thought of causing non firing issues is air getting in the fuel system from a damaged O ring connecting the fuel line and the fuel rail.......

Clio 172 PH2
Thanks, i think the spark plugs are too fowled now too!.

I've noticed the grey O ring on the fuel connector (LHS) has a slight nick in it but it doesnt seem to leak - where could i get a replacement from?

RB 182 FF
K-tec racing sell the fuel line to injector rail connectors in pairs for some reason, not expensive though... but instead of swapping the connector off your car I just took the O ring off the new connector instead to save hassle....

Clio 172 PH2
Thanks, I only need the grey O ring guess I'll have to buy a connector. I'm thinking the split wont help but I've fowled the spark plugs now!

RB 182 FF
Yeah I only needed the O ring but god knows where you'd find one the right size... But at least with the K tec twin pack you get 2 O rings for a 5er so not so bad...

Clio 172 PH2
Cool, I've had a search on here and found the o rings you can buy off ebay.

My tdc doesn't seem to be have a bracket on it? Was going to be replace that too but not sure which is the right one?!

Attachments

• 20170311_172729.jpg
    20170311_172729.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 82
  Clio 172 PH2
Hey mate! I can't until next weekend. Bought new plugs, crank shaft sensor and o ring for the fuel rail connector. Wish me luck.

Clio 172 PH2
Right still won't start, just turns over by doesn't fire.

New plugs and an o ring on the fuel connector (looked too thin too me but nevermind). Crankshaft sensor looked pretty new anyways and not dirty!.

Still doesn't start!

Ran out of the ideas,

RB 182 FF
Hmmm sorry to hear this @Admanirv ... You've covered all the usual bases, not sure what to suggest from here! Hopefully someone on here has had similar issues and help out...