ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

with or with out the white stripes?

182 with cup packs
ok so im now having mixed feelings towards the white stripes on my racing blue 182, what are other peoples feelings towards them, some days i like them and other days i think they are just makin the car look s**t,

please help me decide, thanks

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
I was in the exact same boat dude...
100_0139edit.jpg

DSCF0386edited.jpg

ahhh...better i think :D

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I do quite like them but if i had the choice i would remove them.

I heard from a Renault dealer that if you have the racing stripes removed you can see where they once were in sunlight, is this true or a load of crap?

182 with cup packs
thanks for all the feed back, gonna take them off this weekend, will post before and after pics, my car is an 05 so i hope you cant see the diff in paint work.

Clio 172 mk2
IMHO they look a bit naff but I've never liked cars with graphics on.

If you like them then that's all that matters...just leave them on:D

182 with cup packs
but i kinda have an excuse to take them off anyways... one of the stripes is peeling away from the back and looks s**t! so i really should take them off now, yes or no?

197-I love!!!
I know they have 'Heritage' but I think I'd do without them-Simple is great especially with those wheels.

RenaultSport clio 182
I'd not be fussed either way really, I was tempted to get them but opted out, they suit the car tho so look pretty good with um.

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
with with with. got to keep them man..........................................!

black golf v6 4 motion
i had the same dilemma i have opted to keep them for now but am thinking about removing them soon, iwas told about the change in paint and also that i might find pin pricks in the paint would like to see what yours comes out like. mine is an 04 plate so may have been on for too long now anyway
what you guys think

LY V6 with Recaros
I really like the stripes...although I don't have them! But they really suit the car

Fabia VRS & Yeti
they go with the colour, if its too loud get a black one. I prefer the stealth look!:evil:

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
The driving position is greatly improved...no idea how much lower tbh, but its definately worthwhile!!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Didnt you pay a few hundred to have them on there??

(But if you change your mind, its only £70 or less to have them put back on ;) )

abc

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
Do you find that the stripes bring unwanted attention from "hoons" wanting to race you all the time?

David

182 with cup packs
OK SO NOW IM BACK TO KEEPIN THEM ON, I REALLY CANT DECIDE,

im thinking i should take them off because when i come to sell it the car will appeal to more people, wanna get them off before paint starts fadeing...............................?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
I've never had one person try to race me!! :( lol.

Seats cost anything from £360 plus harnesses upwards....the monaco's in mine are £120ish i think then the subframes are another £60 or so each. Hope that helps mate.

edit- the paint wont of faded mate! Unless its in direct sun light and unrpotected (no wax etc) for a few years or something!