ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring standard headunit to amp & sub (non-Clio)

ST1050, 320d
Afternoon all,

I need to find a solution to wire an amp and sub from a standard head unit with no RCA output. I'm led to believe I can use an RCA adapter to get a feed from the rear speakers and use this to get a signal to the amp, and then use a low pass filter to the sub? Can anyone tell me if I'm way off the mark here please? It's all a bit confusing.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You're on the right path dude.

I would seriously change the head unit though, standard speakers sound soo much better with a newer head unit. Get a parrot asteroid, they are awesome!

ST1050, 320d
You're on the right path dude.

I would seriously change the head unit though, standard speakers sound soo much better with a newer head unit. Get a parrot asteroid, they are awesome!

You do realise this is all your fault for planting the seed? Haha, I know a new HU is the better and easier option, but once I have an idea in my head I like to do it the hard way.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Lowe RCA cable mods, if you haven't got them use Highlevel input, it doesn't have to be a strong input either so just bridge the rear speaker cables into it. won't affect it all and so much easier, just solder it, not like my Clio when I bought it which was twisted and taped.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol we should've looked at it yesterday, the unit is full of audio gear. Even have a Rockford amp and sub sitting on the floor