ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless/Wired Issue

LY 182
Hello chaps/chappets

I know there are some IT buffs here, so I'd thought I'd put my problem to you.

Basically I have 3 PCs running Windows Vista (Ultimate/Ultimate and Basic)

They are all connected to each other via a wireless router one of which is wired and the other two wirelessly.

The router is an Belkin N1 Vision, the two wireless machines have N wireless adapters and obviously the other is wired straight into the router via 1 Gigabit Ethernet.

When transferring files from "wireless to wired" from either wireless machines I get around 8-10 MB/s (megabytes/sec). As soon as I transfer wireless to wireless I get 1.5MB/s.

Now it can't surely be anything to do with limitations of wireless as I am getting 8-10MB/s from wireless to wired.

Really baffling me, any insight would be much appreciated.

Edit: All drivers are up-to-date.

172 cup'd extreme
wireless N only works at about 40% in good conditions and the speed is measured in bits so with overheads in the packets and encryption 1.5MB is quite good.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
When transferring wireless to wireless your halfing the capacity. Wired to wireless your getting full capacity.

Although that does seem particularly slow. It probably just a shitty Belkin router (I've never actually seen a good piece of Belkin kit)