ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Router for aol... after some info please

Hi peeps, I have ordered a wireless router, and not had one before... can anyone tell me how far away can you still connect to the internet from the modem with a wireless jobby? thanks.

Renault Clio RS 182
i can get a connection from the house across the street from my work (which is like a normal street if you know what i mean!) if thats any help?

White Van Man
I had a Netgear one, and both of my boys were using it on their laptops upstairs, I'd guess around 10m through walls and ceilings, no problems

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Wireless are ok, but just be aware that the further you are away from the router, the weaker the signal.

Saying that, you'll be able to go all round your house and most of your garden with no problem.

One thing though

SECURE IT SECURE IT SECURE IT

and not WEP either, get WPA on there!

MikeDX said:
Wireless are ok, but just be aware that the further you are away from the router, the weaker the signal.

Saying that, you'll be able to go all round your house and most of your garden with no problem.

One thing though

SECURE IT SECURE IT SECURE IT

and not WEP either, get WPA on there!

Thats gonna be much better being in the garden on a nice day with a drink instead of inside when using the lappy. (even around the house will be good!) When u say secure it? not sure what u mean.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Your router will come with everything you need to know to secure your network.

When you get up and running, come back here and we'll tell ya how to secure it properly so nobody piggybacks onto your network.