ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiper motor??

extreme flamer
My front wipers have been kind of jumpy recently and last night they became really slow then stopped working, the motor seems to make an effort and if I pull the wipers up the windscreen I can still feel the motor working slightly.

Am I right in thinking I need a new motor/linkage?

Thanks for any help

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Does sound like your wiper motor is about to pack in to me. Noticed your location is Glasgow, I have a spare wiper motor lying around and work in Glasgow so if it turns out you need a new one give us a shout :)

Edit: linkage is probably fine, I'd reckon if the linkage was away you'd hear the motor turning faster than usual/ with more ease as it wouldn't have as much of a load on it

extreme flamer
Does sound like your wiper motor is about to pack in to me. Noticed your location is Glasgow, I have a spare wiper motor lying around and work in Glasgow so if it turns out you need a new one give us a shout :)

Edit: linkage is probably fine, I'd reckon if the linkage was away you'd hear the motor turning faster than usual/ with more ease as it wouldn't have as much of a load on it[/QUOTE

Had a look tonight, not a proper look because the wipers are stuck solid. The linkage has snapped at the passenger wiper so I need a working linkage and some way of removing the wiper arms to replace it.

I'll keep that in mind about the motor incase I need one, cheers. Are all the motors/linkages the same on all mk2 clios?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Had a look tonight, not a proper look because the wipers are stuck solid. The linkage has snapped at the passenger wiper so I need a working linkage and some way of removing the wiper arms to replace it.

I'll keep that in mind about the motor incase I need one, cheers. Are all the motors/linkages the same on all mk2 clios?

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're all the same. I've got a spare linkage as well actually, it's been lying around ever since I broke my old Clio for spares a while back.

The wipers and linkage is easy enough to remove, just need a puller to get the wiper arms off. Then it's just a case of removing the plastic scuttle panel and there's 3 bolts hold the linkage in place after that.

extreme flamer
Yeah I'm pretty sure they're all the same. I've got a spare linkage as well actually, it's been lying around ever since I broke my old Clio for spares a while back.

The wipers and linkage is easy enough to remove, just need a puller to get the wiper arms off. Then it's just a case of removing the plastic scuttle panel and there's 3 bolts hold the linkage in place after that.

I managed to squeeze my hands in under the scuttle and bodge it a bit so they still go about half way to get me to work today. I've just booked it in to the garage down from my work tomorrow and they can sort it before they sort out the rest of the list as I cba with the hassle anymore I just want everything to be good with it again with no problems, cheers for any help/advice but.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I managed to squeeze my hands in under the scuttle and bodge it a bit so they still go about half way to get me to work today. I've just booked it in to the garage down from my work tomorrow and they can sort it before they sort out the rest of the list as I cba with the hassle anymore I just want everything to be good with it again with no problems, cheers for any help/advice but.

Aye no worries mate. Glad you're getting it sorted!