ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter Protection Detail! *FRP Content!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's jesting. You've got all excited over my compliment, haven't you?
Just a little. :eek: You didn't even mention Osama!

CIF glass cleaner gives that amount of sheeting????? Off to supermarket tomorrow...
You can't buy it in the supermarket mate, it's professional stuff. I'll PM you the link.

PMSL at the brushes and potions. f**k off!
I knew you'd approve.

Great effort mate...

Well done...
Cheers Ian, I still awaits pics of the R!

Porsche Boxster987S
good stuff mate , looks very good in the final pics. I know of a meg that needs done btw.;)

Only just had the chance to read this you homo...

Flipping heck! Arch gap! And by that, I mean away from the body! Really is a wide beasty!

Don't need to comment on the work as IIRC you learnt everything from me...?

x

DCi 100
Do you jack the car up in every picture so we can see how clean the arches are?

Nicey nicey likey likey.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks sport on Gally, still makes me want to bite the bullet and get one! :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
good stuff mate , looks very good in the final pics. I know of a meg that needs done btw.;)
Anytime sweet cheeks! It would be a pleasure to work on something that doesn't have bits of carpet for f**king arch liners!

Only just had the chance to read this you homo...

Flipping heck! Arch gap! And by that, I mean away from the body! Really is a wide beasty!

Don't need to comment on the work as IIRC you learnt everything from me...?

x
:eek: Esquire.

Looks sport on Gally, still makes me want to bite the bullet and get one! :D
Cheers mate, they aren't for everybody but there are a few bargains out there but parts shortage are making people sell up i'm afraid.

It may be for sale in March. :eek:

I'm looking possibly for a lower mileage example. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trying not to be biased if you see one in the flesh you won't think it's girly.

Think it's the s1600 kit JD. :)

Porsche Boxster987S
Id be happy to let you have a go with the meg , but ill be honest with you ... the paint is shagged! And i mean that , worst ive seen.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Nice mate, looks spot on with that small plate as well.

Fancy traveling down from the outer Hebrides to give my OAP wagon a detail? You can share my bed, Mrs won't mind :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
And what size is the plate, looks smaller than a 3/4?
Think it's a little smaller, I was lucky enough to see it on another FRP first so I knew what it would look like. Only cost £12 bargain imo. Accentuates the front end I think.

I'd have to agree. They may sit a bit high, but they look great.
Thanks Warren. Next time i'm around India you can have a blast.

Looking good.

A lot of effort put into that. Spot on.
Cheers mate.

There is nothing girly about an FRP. They look awesome in the metal. Very butch.

Cleaned my heap today and I really tried. I even did inside the arches, but I got bored long before deciding to take the valve caps off and soak them in angel cum for an hour :eek: Hmmm maybe I can kinda see the appeal of detailing, just so long as some other loser is doing it! Makes my old bones ache just sponging under the sills x

Z4
Looks like you've done a fantastic job there mate, well done.

I do love the FRPs. My brother has the normal 1.7 puma and tbh it's a fantastic drive. Fast? Not really. But the handling and fun more than make up for that, straight line speed is over rated imo anyway, especially on Uk roads. This is coming from an M3 owner!

Are these prone to rust or have they been galvanised or something? Yours looks like it's missed the disease anyway...

TBH all modern cars use plated sheets in the pressing process for most of the panels. It doesn't mean they're immune to rust though. The plating burns off around every weld for starters. It helps but does not promise a rust-free car. Not at all.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Roy there is a slight satisfaction to cleaning the car! Your old bones won't exactly enjoy the work out right enough! ;)

Oh about the rust mines has been well looked after but they still suffer from rust especially the way Ford put those wide arches onto the car.

Roy we were discussing at work the other day about how manufacturers were using re-processed steel. Ie the older 1 reg Mercs that were really rpone for rust.

I'm sure Ford were at the front of the queue when they were selling that stuff!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, hopefully you'll get to see it in the flesh at some point. :)

Bit of a thread resurrection Gally but I just read this and I am MASSIVELY impressed by that outcome! Hadn't really considered the cleanse step before LSP but I'm converted *runs off to order some lusso* :D