ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windscreen washers

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
hi ppl, i know there have been previouse threads on this but iv still not found the problem. im having problems with the front windscreen washer jets. the pump is fine and the rear jet is fine but three of the 4 jets at the front either dont work at all or just spitt a little bit out which goes all over my bonnet!!!
can anybody help?

cheers ppl!

172 Cup
Open bonnet and pull out hoses going into Nozzles. Check water is coming out of them and that there are no splits in the hoses. If its fine the you need new nozzles. They are only a few pounds from Renault. They had them in stock when I went for my replacement ones. Careful you don't damage the bonnet when removing old ones. I used a small screwdriver with a cloth wrapped round the end to lever them up.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
hi ppl, i know there have been previouse threads on this but iv still not found the problem. im having problems with the front windscreen washer jets. the pump is fine and the rear jet is fine but three of the 4 jets at the front either dont work at all or just spitt a little bit out which goes all over my bonnet!!!
can anybody help?

cheers ppl!

I had same problem but was the pump. Pain in the ass to change :mad: !!

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
all the pipes are fine so it must be the washer jet. bloody car, iv had fu***d washer jets, leaky sunroof, passenger seat doesnt fold, all coil packs have gone its a nightmare!

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
it has done 63 but im sure the pump was changed at about 40? the rear one is perfect and one jet out of the front 4 is ok but that not even on the right side lol!

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
hey, i removed the pipe from the iffy jet and turned on the washer and it blasted through the hose. i then sprayed the jet with wd40 and reconected the hose. i turned it on again and it still didnt worked n just kinda leaked over my bonnet lol??

Clio 172
try putting a safety pin through the holes to try clear them out. The only other thing that works a treat is compressed air and and an air blower

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
i have had a bit of a prod with a needle but not much look. compressed air would b an idea. cheers guys.