ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen washer struggling?

Hi guys,

My washer jets have started to play up. When I activate them, it takes a good 5 seconds for anything to actually happen. You can hear something whirring away (I presume its the pump) but it'll be 5 seconds until it starts to spray anything. It comes out very slow at first and then eventually speeds up and covers the screen.

Ive checked the fluid levels and I have plenty, also cleaned out the jets with a pin. So i'm guessing my pump is on its last legs?

If so, are they fairly simple to replace?

Cheers.

Clio Expression 5dr
I had the same problem mate, changed the pump and all was back to normal. The pump cost me £6 and fitting was easy, just need to lift up the scuttle tray on the passenger side and pull the old one out and slot the new one in

Clio
There's a non-return mechanism in the pump which ensures the pump is kept primed and there is water in the tubes leading to the jets. When this fails all the water falls back into the tank by gravity.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
lol, as tempting as it is to go to all that effort i wouldnt want to do that and not like em

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Why wouldn't you want them? Coverage is much better and never goes over the screen

2004 182
Are the pumps for the windscreen and the headlights the same. My windscreen pump works, but the headlight pump doesn't. Before I order one from eBay, wanted to be sure they were interchangeable.

2004 182
Perfect, I'll grab one at the weekend. I've asked in another thread, but didn't get an answer - is there a fuse/relay specific for the headlight pump?