ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen washer pump buzzing but not working

Hi,

My front and rear windscreen washers have stopped working and it's nearly MOT time.

The pump still sounds like it's working but there is no water coming out of the front or rear; not even a dribble. The headlamp washers still work.

I've read about blocked pipes. How do i check if they're blocked?

Any help would be appreciated as i'm hoping to have it tested in the next 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Simon

ph2 Clio 172
Open the bonnet pop of the pipes leading to the bonnet washers, check to see if water is getting through then, if not, you will have the take out the wiper motor to get at the window washer bottle, and inspect the pump, there should be 2 small pumps, check to see if its blocked or faulty, simples

Pump changed and it's working fine now.

probably too late now...
There is a common solution (may be useful for others anyway) that may or may not be your problem. When the pump is spinning but ther'es no pressure its usually because the rubber piece that makes up part of the valve has expanded and no longer "throws" when pressurised/unpressurised. The solution is easy, take the pump apart and shave off a sliver of the small rubber cylinder (take off about 1mm) to bring it back to the correct thickness.

Black Sheep
probably too late now...
There is a common solution (may be useful for others anyway) that may or may not be your problem. When the pump is spinning but ther'es no pressure its usually because the rubber piece that makes up part of the valve has expanded and no longer "throws" when pressurised/unpressurised. The solution is easy, take the pump apart and shave off a sliver of the small rubber cylinder (take off about 1mm) to bring it back to the correct thickness.

I got here to late also. Really common fault that.

Black Sheep
Who cares anyway if they are only £6 Thought the unit would be more than that.

How reliable are the 6 quid jobbies from ebay etc.? I fitted 2 pumps a few months ago and they've stopped squirting, aside from a dribble out the back!

Is OEM worth it?